Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

19 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

There must be millions of lunatics living in Britain.

Like most elsewhere, really.

They all have the right to vote, and their voice is as democratically representative as that of the saner people: they're just easier to manipulate, and so are the stock in trade of opportunists like the Farages, Trumps and Orbans of this world.

The sooner these lunatics self-medicate through using better information sources than Facebook and red tops, and exercising a bit more critical thinking, the better for all.

Just back from a long 'total break'  holiday, no news nor forums nor anything else, to find a new Brexit consequences thread already 80-odd pages in...Jaysus! 

Glad I gave it all a complete rest, by the quick look of things and a slightly longer look at today's news. Has the pressure cooker whistle started going off yet? :D

Edited by L00b

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

Just back from a 'total break'  holiday, no news nor forums nor anything else, to find a new Brexit consequences thread already 80-odd pages in...Jaysus! Glad I gave it all a complete rest, by the quick look of things and a slightly longer look at today's news.

Odd as I did exactly the same thing and only returned just after the new thread started as politics in the UK has got exciting.  Anyways.. back to the topic... ;)

Just read this in the Independent online.

"France will veto another Brexit delay unless UK ends political chaos

‘In the current circumstances, it’s no. We are not going to go through this every three months,’ says French foreign minister"

Quite right too.

Edited by apelike

10 minutes ago, apelike said:

Odd as I did exactly the same thing and only returned just after the new thread started as politics in the UK has got exciting.  Anyways.. back to the topic... ;)

‘In the current circumstances, it’s no. We are not going to go through this every three months,’ says French foreign minister"

Quite right too.

Remember what the EU Commission has previously said. There are millions of pro remain citizens in this country that will not be abandoned. 

The political chaos as you call it will be resolved. An extension will be granted so a general election can be held and one more further one if there is a need for a second referendum. All this will be put to bed in 6 months, one way or another. 

We will see what will happen. You’ve been wrong on every exit date so far, so your track record is telling. Come to think of it, there are similarities to Boris’ 100% losing record in Parliament. 

17 minutes ago, apelike said:

(...)

Quite right too.

A sentiment echoed by the Dutch Minister of Trade today.

But that is politico-diplomatic noise to further focus British political minds. I wouldn't take it as gospel: a month and a half is a very long time in politics and, in the specific context of Brexit, positively aeons.

31 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

Remember what the EU Commission has previously said. There are millions of pro remain citizens in this country that will not be abandoned. 

They did.. when was that then and what country were they talking about as they normally describe us as the UK and not a country?

The political chaos as you call it will be resolved. An extension will be granted so a general election can be held and one more further one if there is a need for a second referendum. 

No guarantee for an extension given the latest news.

We will see what will happen. You’ve been wrong on every exit date so far, so your track record is telling....  

Yes we will. As for the exit date, that has been shifted by parliament and not me so I have no control over it.

Edited by apelike

2 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

The referendum was won by the left right & centre..

As a right wing project the referendum was very definitely won by the right.

2 hours ago, L00b said:

A sentiment echoed by the Dutch Minister of Trade today.

But that is politico-diplomatic noise to further focus British political minds. I wouldn't take it as gospel: a month and a half is a very long time in politics and, in the specific context of Brexit, positively aeons.

Varadker has just given Johnson the politest and most arcane dressing down ever.

”We will be Athena to your Hercules”.

Any Brexiters who don’t have a 2:2 in Classics might need to google that.

2 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

The political chaos as you call it will be resolved. An extension will be granted so a general election can be held and one more further one if there is a need for a second referendum. All this will be put to bed in 6 months, one way or another. 

We will see what will happen. You’ve been wrong on every exit date so far, so your track record is telling. Come to think of it, there are similarities to Boris’ 100% losing record in Parliament. 

Unfortunately this is unlikely to be put to bed in 6 months.

Any form Brexit,particularly No Deal only signals the start of years of negotiations.

Anyway,we have all enjoyed it so much that when it is over we have a referendum on another topic.

I suggest another simple bi lateral question.

”Should we bring back hanging or not”

I suspect that this would produce a similar close run vote.Only to be followed by realisation of the complexities of a Yes vote

Edited by RJRB

17 minutes ago, altus said:

So what do the commons now do, spend over an hour with tributes to him and debate nothing... unbelievable! Thats certainly showing the EU what we want.

Edited by apelike

7 minutes ago, apelike said:

So what do the commons now do, spend over an hour with tributes to him and debate nothing... unbelievable! Thats certainly showing the EU what we want.

There’s nothing to debate.

The no-deal Brexit bill is finished in the commons and it looks like Johnson and Co. have no intention of trying to negotiate anything else with the EU.

Why not take the time to pay tribute to someone who has stuck his neck out to stand up for Parliament (and therefore the people) against a government trying to ride roughshod over democracy? Sometimes I forget that Bercow is a Tory as he doesn’t seem to think that it is his place to act on behalf of the rich and powerful.