Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

1 minute ago, XXTickerXX said:

They will apparently ask for a general election tomorrow and if denied, suspend parliament immediately.

Suspending Parliament does not relieve Johnson of his responsibility to comply with the law.

13 minutes ago, apelike said:

Then try harder and read the post.

Just so that you also know, as said try reading the post as it was not just a quote.

I can see the inverted commas, I can also see the bit you added.

What I can’t see is how it adds to the conversation.

Maybe you could enlighten me.

5 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

I think their will be lots of Liberal tears tomorrow when Boris just completely ignores the Bill and suspends parliament. Apparently they have found a way to bypass it.

They will apparently ask for a general election tomorrow and if denied, suspend parliament immediately.

We can only wait and see. I can't see Boris telling the House of Lords to stand down filibustering the Bill if they did not already have a way around it.

Boris hasn’t found a way to do anything. Except for blundering into elephant traps left for him by a United Opposition.

He can’t ignore the law, or parliament, or his party. Well, he can, but the results will be prison, obscurity and obscurity, in that order.

This isn’t a computer game you know

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Suspending Parliament does not relieve Johnson of his responsibility to comply with the law.

Probably because Brussels is backing down on the backstop and seeing Boris surge in the Polls.

9 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

I think their will be lots of Liberal tears tomorrow when Boris just completely ignores the Bill and suspends parliament. Apparently they have found a way to bypass it.

We can only wait and see. I can't see Boris telling the House of Lords to stand down filibustering the Bill if they did not already have a way around it.

How can he ignore the bill? It is going to become law.

So, please elaborate.

4 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

So, please elaborate.

I think he means this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-eu-legal-prison-no-deal-brussels-latest-a9095976.html

Which would mean no-one would trust a Johnson regime to sign any sort of deal.

Edited by Longcol

1 minute ago, Albert the Cat said:

So, please elaborate.

He can’t. 

And he wont.

And the Times has just started the softening up process. Take a look at their new front page😀

20 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

You are either confused or just have no idea what you are talking about. The bill that prevents no deal absolutely does not require consent. It does not affect perogative powers in any way, so it goes for Royal Assent. 

I didnt say Royal Assent I said Consent which is a different thing as explained with the Blair bit. But you are correct because even that cannot be used as the bill has already passed into law.

You leavers need to stop spreading lies or just wrong information.

Have you noticed how many times I have corrected the remainers on here when they spread misinformation!

Edited by apelike

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think he means this.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-eu-legal-prison-no-deal-brussels-latest-a9095976.html

The Independent is such a leftie rag. 

The Thunderer is the only paper...

https://mobile.twitter.com/AllieHBNews/status/1170807878053183490

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

I think he means this.

He can fall back on this .... The Civil Contingencies Act 2004

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2004/36/part/1

And then the government can rule by decree. Do you all think Boris and Cummings don't have at least something up their sleeve?

With the above law (Thank Tony Blair)  - Triggering the Act requires no more than “a senior Minister of the Crown”—that is, Boris Johnson—to announce an Emergency. This done, he can make, alter or suspend almost any law he likes. He can do this for a period of thirty days.

He can then suspend the Fixed Term Parliament Act. Then he could dissolve Parliament in the traditional way.  General election anyone?

7 minutes ago, XXTickerXX said:

Probably because Brussels is backing down on the backstop and seeing Boris surge in the Polls.

Funny that, because the ball on the backstop is firmly back in Johnson’s hands after Merkel gave him 30 days to come up with an alternative.

Statements from Europe and Amber Rudd’s interview today suggests that there has been absolutely no engagement with the EU so I’m not entirely sure how the EU can back down on something which is not up for discussion.

I suspect that Leavers are starting to see their great white hero Johnson as rapidly become a busted flush.