Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

"Amber Rudd quits cabinet and Conservative party"

Great to see true supporters of the UK standing up for what they believe in.

Not the hollow rhetoric of the economy trashing brexiteers who follow Boris (the lying cheating racist PM) like sheep.

15 minutes ago, apelike said:

"I've heard her talking about her disappointment in the current political class and its inability to govern correctly."

So in the week when the government has gone from a majority of +1 to a minority of -41, Parliament has cut the legs from under the cabinet and its policy to leave the EU with or without a deal, the Prime Minister could face jail for breaking the law by refusing to abide by an Act of Parliament, lifelong respected Conservative Party members including Churchill’s grandson have effectively been thrown out of the party and senior European Union figures have openly accused the government of lying about progress in talks about leaving, is this governing more or less correctly than in 2016 when Cameron was in charge?

Remember, all this happened in four days.

There’s a lot of knowledgeable people on here so can you tell me why Cameron instigated the referendum in the first place? What was his motive?  

1 minute ago, catmiss said:

There’s a lot of knowledgeable people on here so can you tell me why Cameron instigated the referendum in the first place? What was his motive?  

To silence the "eurosceptic" wing of the Tory Party.

4 minutes ago, catmiss said:

It was a family feud in the Tory party.

6 minutes ago, catmiss said:

After UKIP did well in the 2014 €uro elections he was worried that they would take a big pile of votes from the Tories in the 2015 election so he promised a referendum on Europe if he won the that election.

He won that election and the rest is history. 

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

After UKIP did well in the 2014 €uro elections he was worried that they would take a big pile of votes from the Tories in the 2015 election so he promised a referendum on Europe if he won the that election.

He won that election and the rest is history. 

Sorry if I’m being dense but in the British election where would the UKIP, if I remember rightly deemed ‘a racist party’ votes have ended up? Would it have been enough to damage Cameron? 

Just now, catmiss said:

Sorry if I’m being dense but in the British election where would the UKIP, if I remember rightly deemed ‘a racist party’ votes have ended up? Would it have been enough to damage Cameron? 

I don’t think that it would have.

UKIP still don’t have any elected MPs. If Cameron had told UKIP to shove it, they would have lost votes to UKIP but probably not any seats in Parliament.

Political cowardice at the highest level.

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I don’t think that it would have.

UKIP still don’t have any elected MPs. If Cameron had told UKIP to shove it, they would have lost votes to UKIP but probably not any seats in Parliament.

Political cowardice at the highest level.

Almost from the beginning of joining Britain had issues with the EU but always fought from within, I know Cameron came away from negotiations without his stated aims, did this have an influence?

24 minutes ago, catmiss said:

I know Cameron came away from negotiations without his stated aims, did this have an influence?

Not true.

Cameron got everything he asked for. The UK had by far the best deal of any of the EU 28 countries.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So in the week when the government has gone from a majority of +1 to a minority of -41, Parliament has cut the legs from under the cabinet and its policy to leave the EU with or without a deal, the Prime Minister could face jail for breaking the law by refusing to abide by an Act of Parliament, lifelong respected Conservative Party members including Churchill’s grandson have effectively been thrown out of the party and senior European Union figures have openly accused the government of lying about progress in talks about leaving, is this governing more or less correctly than in 2016 when Cameron was in charge?

Remember, all this happened in four days.

Ok, one at a time. The PM has not yet broken any laws or refused to abide by anything. The legal challenges against him have so far failed.

I am glad that those lifelong so called respected (by whom I wonder) conservatives have been thrown out as its about time the old fogeys quit anyway, but the same also goes for the other long serving MP's. Experience has taught me that the longer people stay in the same job the more complacent they get and its about time we had some new and younger breath in the commons. Those same people have also become very wealthy over that same period from being an MP and many dont seem to consider it a full time post. For what its worth I am an advocate of the idea that MP's should only serve a maximum of 3 terms anyway for that very reason. As the saying goes "out with the old and in with the new."

Are any of those senior European figures the ones who directly negotiate or are involved in talks with the UK regarding brexit?

8 minutes ago, apelike said:

Are any of those senior European figures the ones who directly negotiate or are involved in talks with the UK regarding brexit?

There are no negotiations, just talks about what happens next. Johnson has said that the backstop is unacceptable and the EU has asked him to come up with an alternative. To date he has not done this

From what anyone can gather, this is the only issue raised since Bozo became Prime Minister.