Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

21 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

If NI is kept outside EU rules and inside the UKs I’ve no problem with the border being open.

You may not but international law requires borders with different tax regimes to be policed in a manner where taxes/duties/VAT etc can be collected.

And of course the other matter is movement of people. The majority of Leave voters voted to keep immigrants out of the UK. How is that going to work with a completely open border between an EU nation and the UK?

I am sick of the whole the blooming business.

It has got to the point where I would shoot the  lot of them and basically  Ican't care a flying ....... whether we stay or whether we go.

5 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You may not but international law requires borders with different tax regimes to be policed in a manner where taxes/duties/VAT etc can be collected.

And of course the other matter is movement of people. The majority of Leave voters voted to keep immigrants out of the UK. How is that going to work with a completely open border between an EU nation and the UK?

the UK cannot have part of it ruled by anyone but ourselves.

4 minutes ago, davyboy said:

Ican't care a flying ....... whether we stay or whether we go.

That is a real danger.

28 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

That part is specifically for the post-industrial northern wastelands who, after decades of voting Labour, are now voting for conservative and brexit candidates.

I think everywhere is going to be voting Tory or Brexit if Labour are thinking they can continue to sit on the fence.

What people want right now is an end to this indecision, the negotiations and deal making have clearly failed, people want shut of all this nonsense one way or the other.

Either get out no deal or remain in the EU and get on with life.

6 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

That is a real danger.

Thats the general mood of the public though, the constant arguing and indecision has worn everyone down.

Either go or stay, just get it done and get it done quickly.

Edited by geared

18 minutes ago, davyboy said:

I am sick of the whole the blooming business.

It has got to the point where I would shoot the  lot of them and basically  Ican't care a flying ....... whether we stay or whether we go.

Try to say calm, you appear to be suffering from Brexit fatigue

I sympathise, as I too have had a share of it. 

45 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

the UK cannot have part of it ruled by anyone but ourselves.

Who is suggesting that it should be?

15 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Who is suggesting that it should be?

People who are defending the backstop. The imposition of the backstop would leave the population of NI effectively being ruled by the EU.

Just now, hobinfoot said:

People who are defending the backstop. The imposition of the backstop would leave the population of NI effectively being ruled by the EU.

But that is just bonkers Brexit nonsense.

No part of the UK has ever, or will ever be ruled by the EU. Do you even know what the EU is? 🙄

17 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

But that is just bonkers Brexit nonsense.

No part of the UK has ever, or will ever be ruled by the EU. Do you even know what the EU is? 🙄

NI will have to stay in a customs union and obey the rules of said union. That is being ruled by the EU using the backstop.

2 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

NI will have to stay in a customs union and obey the rules of said union. That is being ruled by the EU using the backstop.

No, that is having the same tariffs in the North as in the South.

That is no more being ruled by the EU than having our aircraft subject to EASA safety regulations.