Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

Labour certainly know what they want. Just 1 hour apart.

Rodda.png?w=530&ssl=1

2 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

Rodda.png?w=530&ssl=1

You demonstrate your lack of understanding of the current political situation. 

A general election will be held, AFTER October 31st. So what is your point?

6 hours ago, XXTickerXX said:

Rodda.png?w=530&ssl=1

Once you have your opponent trapped, why would you let them go easily?

This frenetic campaigning for a GE, just demonstrates the mess that Cummings has created for his puppet.

I can’t see the opposition letting him go for a while yet. 

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Once you have your opponent trapped, why would you let them go easily?

This frenetic campaigning for a GE, just demonstrates the mess that Cummings has created for his puppet.

I can’t see the opposition letting him go for a while yet. 

A rather more important reason is that once Parliament is disolved then the Prime Minister can use his powers to move the date of the election and most MPs don't trust the current one not to do this. 

46 minutes ago, andyofborg said:

A rather more important reason is that once Parliament is disolved then the Prime Minister can use his powers to move the date of the election and most MPs don't trust the current one not to do this. 

That’s very true. 

But it from a tactical point of view, I imagine that the opposition parties are content to sit and watch the Tories tear themselves apart for a while longer.

After all, they’ve asked for an election for over a year , and been refused one. I don’t see why they should agree to one now, just because it suits Cummings.

10 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

So you agree with the backstop then?

I don’t agree with any part of the UK being separated and under the rules of another country or group.

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

Why are you trying to justify throwing the Good Friday agreement under the bus by using things that don't exist?

I fully agree with the good Friday agreement. And what don’t you understand about a scenario? It’s a hypothetical question about what could happen if things were done differently.

Listened to Emily Thornberry on Today. IF Labour win they will negotiate new deal for trade/jobs etc and the put this to the electorate in a deal/remain referendum. Given the amount of young voters who missed out on the previous vote I can see yet more years of political infighting. 

42 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I don’t agree with any part of the UK being separated and under the rules of another country or group.

OK we get that so what is your solution to having a completely open border between two countries with completely different tax and freedom of movement regimes?

21 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

OK we get that so what is your solution to having a completely open border between two countries with completely different tax and freedom of movement regimes?

If NI is kept outside EU rules and inside the UKs I’ve no problem with the border being open.

Labour won't win many seats with that manifesto, another promise to renegotiate the deal??

Same nonsense that multiple people have promised and no-one has delivered.

I think the country is sick of this dragging on, no more negotiations!

15 minutes ago, geared said:

Labour won't win many seats with that manifesto, another promise to renegotiate the deal??

Same nonsense that multiple people have promised and no-one has delivered.

I think the country is sick of this dragging on, no more negotiations!

That part is specifically for the post-industrial northern wastelands who, after decades of voting Labour, are now voting for conservative and brexit candidates.