Consequences Of Brexit [Part 8] Read First Post Before Posting

Vaati

Mod Note: As we are getting rather tired of seeing reports about this. The use of the word Remoaners  is to cease. Either posts like adults, or don't post at all. The mod warnings have been clear.

Message added by Vaati

mort

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Message added by mort

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I'd take speculation if it was vaguely plausible.

The lords would be sitting, as would committees. There's no reason I can see why those 3 - 8 days are needed to be added on considering the rather pressing matter of brexit day on the 31st October.

I suspect, as I've said, it's because Boris thinks it will add pressure on the EU to come to a deal. Prorogation has been used to political advantage in the past (ironically last by Major, who is now taking legal action against this one). People might not like it, but it's certainly not unique. 

28 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The democratic 2016 EU referendum result is proof that the will of the people is to leave the EU.  Your scientific study claim is a new one from you and makes a refreshing change from your dodgy mathematics that makes 48%  more than 52%. 

No-one voted to leave the EU without a deal that would still let us trade with them, enjoy holidays abroad without visas, not have the £ worth less than the Euro, chlorinated chicken, ....thats what your no deal Brexit fanatics want.

Fine, if you are crazy mental about leaving a political union then great, but don't then chuck the UK to the dogs without being able to trade with countries, visit them, have workers from them (the doctors and nurses and carers who will be looking after you when you are ill). We had a good deal and it's been spaffed up the wall by naysayers, liars and spivs.

Never mind, you've got your blue passports back.....made by a foreign company.

5 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I suspect, as I've said, it's because Boris thinks it will add pressure on the EU to come to a deal. Prorogation has been used to political advantage in the past (ironically last by Major, who is now taking legal action against this one). People might not like it, but it's certainly not unique. 

And nobody has admitted that. Major used it for cash for questions if memory serves - serious I’ll agree - but brexit is more important. And this is just another brexit-related lie to go on the pile. Better still, brexiters know we are all being lied to and seem happy about it. 

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

And nobody has admitted that. Major used it for cash for questions if memory serves - serious I’ll agree - but brexit is more important. And this is just another brexit-related lie to go on the pile. Better still, brexiters know we are all being lied to and seem happy about it. 

I very much doubt that any Brexiteer is in any doubt of the (probably correct) intention behind the prorogument, and so they aren't really being lied to. 

12 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

I very much doubt that any Brexiteer is in any doubt of the (probably correct) intention behind the prorogument, and so they aren't really being lied to. 

So the government has said they’re proroging parliament to fiddle brexit through then - or words to that effect. Only they haven’t have they. They can’t or won’t own it, so they just keep lying.

You can tell Boris has spent time with trump. 

23 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How is that not correct?

Read post #262 again as I have explained why already.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I love it when someone shoots themselves so publicly in the foot. 😂

Come on then. If you are such a fan of evidence, let’s see some evidence of one single post where a Remain supporter has claimed that everyone who didn’t vote would have voted Remain. 

Your move! 🙄

Go to 'Consequences of Brexit (Part 7).  Plenty of evidence on there of folk chucking unsubstantiated, (accept in their heads), percentage figures about like confetti of how they know all those who couldn't be bothered to vote, would have voted. 

There are some cracking, laughable claims made by some Remoaners.  Here's one of my recent favourites. 

"Nobody won.

One side got 36%, the other got 35%. The day before, it was dead level and too close to call and the day after, it went in Remain’s favour.

Trying to claim some kind of democratic mandate for this mess makes you just look desperate and lacking in any credible argument."

Who posted this now? 

Over to you!  Your move. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, Robin-H said:

The prorogation. 

Parliament wasn't going to be sitting anyway during the conference season, so those 'lost' days have nothing to do with the decision to prorogue parliament. 

Prorogument is causing an additional 3 - 8 days of Parliament to be recessed. By comparison, the average length of prorougment since 2010 has been 8 days. It is longer when it coincides with something else (it was 20 days when it coincided with the European elections in 2014). 

Parliament could sit, if necessary. That is the salient point.

Please don’t tell me that you’ve fallen for this nonsense. 

Boris continues to follow the script provided by the apparently Machiavellian Dominic Cummins .

Does anybody actually believe that he is a person driven by core beliefs rather than a lust for power.He would espouse any populist cause that advanced his ambition.

The irony is that the whole Brexit saga was initiated by a Conservative P.M.to put down his own grumbling party members and to stave off Farage /UKIP.

Where are we 3 years later.

The Conservative party are probably more disjointed than ever ,and Johnson will have a continuing battle with senior members of his own party.

Farage still is a constant thorn in his side .

After his own night of the long knives he had seemed to surround himself with a number of second rate Cabinet ministers who qualified by being avowed Brexiiteers.

One by one they will fail and Boris will be exposed as the charlatan that he is.

At a time when all the indicators are that our post Brexit GDP will suffer,he is promising increased spending wherever a few votes may be won.

How long can he get away with it and why do some people still want any form of Brexit.

16 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

Read post #262 again as I have explained why already.

No you haven’t. All you did was state that my claim that over 1 million people who voted in 2016 are now dead was wrong but didn’t explain why.

So let’s examine the facts.

Deaths since June 2016

June-December 2016   495,767*

2017   533,253*

2018   559,915*

Jan-August 2019   167,974 (estimated)

Total deaths since June 2016 1,756,909 

Only 72.2% of the electorate voted in 2016 so of the 1,756,909 who have died, probably only 1,268,488 voted. When the biggest poll since 2016 was carried out by Channel Four which showed that 55% now support remaining, one of the reasons given was that most people who died were old Leave voters. John Curtice from Glasgow cautioned that not all old people, while although more likely to vote, would have been mentally or physically capable of voting. He put this figure somewhere between 10-15% of the very old.

So let’s take that upper figure (15%) and take it from the ‘death toll’.

15% of 1,268,488 is 190,273. Take that from the 1,268,488 and that leaves 1,078,215 who voted in 2016 who are now dead.

So when I said that over 1 million people who voted in 2016 are now dead, how is that wrong?

(*all figures from the Office of National Statistics)

9 hours ago, RJRB said:

Boris continues to follow the script provided by the apparently Machiavellian Dominic Cummins .

Does anybody actually believe that he is a person driven by core beliefs rather than a lust for power.He would espouse any populist cause that advanced his ambition.

The irony is that the whole Brexit saga was initiated by a Conservative P.M.to put down his own grumbling party members and to stave off Farage /UKIP.

Where are we 3 years later.

The Conservative party are probably more disjointed than ever ,and Johnson will have a continuing battle with senior members of his own party.

Farage still is a constant thorn in his side .

After his own night of the long knives he had seemed to surround himself with a number of second rate Cabinet ministers who qualified by being avowed Brexiiteers.

One by one they will fail and Boris will be exposed as the charlatan that he is.

At a time when all the indicators are that our post Brexit GDP will suffer,he is promising increased spending wherever a few votes may be won.

How long can he get away with it and why do some people still want any form of Brexit.

You’re more optimistic than I am. A big chunk of the press are behind Boris -<removed> and all. So what if it turns to ****. Boris wont take the blame, the press won’t blame Boris but will start pointing fingers at the eu, remainers for “not believing enough” or other “foreigners”.

Not Boris though.

Edited by nikki-red