Useless Police re attempted bike thefts

On 05/09/2019 at 09:22, Waj said:

Been arrested or something?

Entirely possible - hence the incoherent ramblings and frothing at the mouth.

Bless

Edited by Daven

Just seen 3 cars and a van full of em on penistone road holding up the traffic, must have been at least 15 policeman how many points do i get for that.

interested if any body has phoned to report a crime 11:30-12:00 today and being told there was no officers available, these probably had more important things to do than catch burglars.

8 minutes ago, Arthur Ritus said:

Just seen 3 cars and a van full of em on penistone road holding up the traffic, must have been at least 15 policeman how many points do i get for that.

interested if any body has phoned to report a crime 11:30-12:00 today and being told there was no officers available, these probably had more important things to do than catch burglars.

Probably waiting for the PM so he can look like Commandant Lussard off police academy

2 hours ago, Daven said:

Entirely possible - hence the incoherent ramblings and frothing at the mouth.

Bless

Totally agree 

no actually my wife had her back broke by two drugged alco,s   and the wonderful police refuse to prosecute due to lack of evidence even though we had two witnesses ,I think at 67 yrs old i might be a bit too old to be a police constable  ,why do the police keep saying cuts in funding etc etc yet they seem to manage to buy nice shiny fast cars easily enough 

6 minutes ago, leginemro said:

no actually my wife had her back broke by two drugged alco,s   and the wonderful police refuse to prosecute due to lack of evidence even though we had two witnesses ,I think at 67 yrs old i might be a bit too old to be a police constable  ,why do the police keep saying cuts in funding etc etc yet they seem to manage to buy nice shiny fast cars easily enough 

As far as I know its the CPS who decide to prosecute or not.

Edited by Waj

23 minutes ago, Waj said:

True, and also what many people don’t realise is that witnesses who are your mates or are known to you would not usually be viewed as impartial by a court. If this is the only evidence the case is usually filed.

I’m not saying this is the case here but it is a very common reason for cases not to be progressed. 

15 hours ago, Waj said:

That assumes the police make case to the CPS in the first place - if they decide something is not a crime or has no chance of success then they make that decision as far as I am aware

Just now, amnicoll said:

That assumes the police make case to the CPS in the first place - if they decide something is not a crime or has no chance of success then they make that decision as far as I am aware

Not in a serious assault case as claimed above.

The police will investigate and prepare a file for the CPS who will make a charging decision.

On 07/09/2019 at 11:02, Top Cats Hat said:

Not in a serious assault case as claimed above.

The police will investigate and prepare a file for the CPS who will make a charging decision.

And then also not the CPS who have to go out and explain their decision to victims and families, which I think contributes to the public's sense that the blame all lies at the police's doorstep?

3 hours ago, Eccy Beach said:

And then also not the CPS who have to go out and explain their decision to victims and families, which I think contributes to the public's sense that the blame all lies at the police's doorstep?

In my experience, in these cases the police have always made great efforts to put the blame on the CPS.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In my experience, in these cases the police have always made great efforts to put the blame on the CPS.

Whilst I wouldn't want police to use CPS as a scapegoat if they didn't have enough evidence to charge, I'm genuinely a believer that you should explain your own decisions not send someone else to do it.