Useless Police re attempted bike thefts

51 minutes ago, dave_the_m said:

Or maybe they have enough cars to cope with an occasional  major incident, when officers normally working in an office or off-duty can be called in?

One car for each officer?

Police cars don’t drive themselves!

Having a yard full of police cars is the same as having a hospital ward full of empty beds. Without the staff and technological support to operate them, they are useless.

23 hours ago, Resident said:

Always plenty of officers for football though eh? 

The football clubs pay for that though.

On 29/08/2019 at 21:17, scousemouse said:

" The car park is full if cars at Woodseats"  that's because there are not enough police to drive them.  I was speaking to 2 officers a couple of weeks ago, the day before(Saturday) they told me there was only THREE  on their shift to cover from Fox House to part of London road.  Think how many districts there between those points,  they openly admitted had there been a major incident they would have been in the mire.  As frustrating as it is please be assured they doing their best with staff they have available.

Exactly as Daven has said, there are not enough police officers to drive the police cars.  

Guest busdriver1
On 29/08/2019 at 21:28, Daven said:

You SHOULD have been charged with wasting police time - you really don't have a clue do you ?

Shame on you

So attending the scene of a crime and actually catching those responsible is not acceptable? Shame on me? Look in a mirror. 

Guest makapaka
On 28/08/2019 at 15:02, DerbyTup said:

Not long ago my wife was out in her car with her elderly mother and they had an argument.  It's not unusual for my wife to become exasperated with her mother, but they don't usually have a barney in public, in the car.  But on this occasion they did.  Much ado about nothing - but it didn't go unnoticed by one observant and conscientious member of the public who saw/heard them arguing in the car, took the registration number and reported it.

A few hours later and the police arrived at our house, to question my wife.  She was rather taken aback by it to say the least!  She invited the officer to come inside and no doubt she made him a cup of tea, whilst explaining that her mother is a cantankerous old boiler who drives everyone nuts.   My wife provided her mother's address to the officer so he could go and check her out as well, but it seems like he didn't bother.  And that was the end of that.  

So police can be mobilised to investigate non-events, before any crime is committed.  Motorcycle theft...not so much perhaps, but two ladies arguing in a Ford Focus...yes...get on that case right away!

Must have been some argument for someone to go to that much trouble of involving police?

12 hours ago, Dales said:

The football clubs pay for that though. 

Exactly as Daven has said, there are not enough police officers to drive the police cars.  

No the football clubs only pay for the police inside the stadium not those outside

What also surprises me is that very often the police are standing around mob handed and ignore things like cars going through red lights or drivers on their phones - yes they would need to respond if trouble breaks out and the car driver might get a lucky break - just stand around at Hillsborough or Leppings lane on match day and observe both in the build up and very often whilst the match is on

I am increasingly of the opinion that police are essentially acting as private security for large corporations. Joe Bloggs gets robbed, and they're not so interested.

1 hour ago, Waldo said:

I am increasingly of the opinion that police are essentially acting as private security for large corporations. Joe Bloggs gets robbed, and they're not so interested.

90% of crime unsolved.  Imagine if you or I were 90% unsuccessful at our job, would we still be employed?

15 minutes ago, avalunche said:

90% of crime unsolved.  Imagine if you or I were 90% unsuccessful at our job, would we still be employed?

Ask Jared OMara

I wouldnt phone the police  as the trust has completely gone in them doing anything for the public ,ask them to drive very expensive vehicles and they are crawling out of the woodwork to get there first ,ask them to attend a crime no no ,might get hurt ,lots of paperwork to fill in 

I wonder if anyone from the police or government would ever read something like Sheffield Forum to find out what the public actually think of todays police   force

or police muppets

I wonder if anyone from the police or government would ever read something like Sheffield Forum to find out what the public actually think of todays police   force

or police muppets

Good heavens no

On 28/08/2019 at 06:50, Halibut said:

Don't blame the police, blame the scum Tory government.

Yes may cut the police force