Useless Police re attempted bike thefts

Guest busdriver1

A few years ago in a different area, I watched from an upper floor flat, 2 youths break into my vehicle and steal the radio. I phoned the police who offered me a crime number. I then asked if that meant I had just lost my shotgun. They were out in 2 minutes and wanted to charge me with wasting police time as i did not have a shotgun. I told them to go for it and imagine the headlines in the local paper "attending the scene of a crime is wasting police time* They did since they had come out,arrest the 2 lads who were still unbelievably in sight and had the radio on them but they were let off with a caution as they had only done this 4 or 5 times before. 

and folks think the police round here are bad......

19 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

2 lads who were still unbelievably in sight and had the radio on them but they were let off with a caution as they had only done this 4 or 5 times before. 

I`m assuming the first few times they were not caught? How many cautions can a person get? :huh:

I thought you can only get one?

Edited by Janus

20 hours ago, DerbyTup said:

Not long ago my wife was out in her car with her elderly mother and they had an argument.  It's not unusual for my wife to become exasperated with her mother, but they don't usually have a barney in public, in the car.  But on this occasion they did.  Much ado about nothing - but it didn't go unnoticed by one observant and conscientious member of the public who saw/heard them arguing in the car, took the registration number and reported it.

A few hours later and the police arrived at our house, to question my wife.  She was rather taken aback by it to say the least!  She invited the officer to come inside and no doubt she made him a cup of tea, whilst explaining that her mother is a cantankerous old boiler who drives everyone nuts.   My wife provided her mother's address to the officer so he could go and check her out as well, but it seems like he didn't bother.  And that was the end of that.  

So police can be mobilised to investigate non-events, before any crime is committed.  Motorcycle theft...not so much perhaps, but two ladies arguing in a Ford Focus...yes...get on that case right away!

Because they can tick a box that says " dealt with "

Guest busdriver1
14 hours ago, Janus said:

I`m assuming the first few times they were not caught? How many cautions can a person get? :huh:

I thought you can only get one?

You tell me. i was amazed

" The car park is full if cars at Woodseats"  that's because there are not enough police to drive them.  I was speaking to 2 officers a couple of weeks ago, the day before(Saturday) they told me there was only THREE  on their shift to cover from Fox House to part of London road.  Think how many districts there between those points,  they openly admitted had there been a major incident they would have been in the mire.  As frustrating as it is please be assured they doing their best with staff they have available.

15 minutes ago, scousemouse said:

" The car park is full if cars at Woodseats"  that's because there are not enough police to drive them.  I was speaking to 2 officers a couple of weeks ago, the day before(Saturday) they told me there was only THREE  on their shift to cover from Fox House to part of London road.  Think how many districts there between those points,  they openly admitted had there been a major incident they would have been in the mire.  As frustrating as it is please be assured they doing their best with staff they have available.

Exactly so and very well said.

Many of those on here slagging the police off need to realise that the service is on it's knees because of this Governments cutbacks

How can a third less police provide the same service ? They try their best but there just aren't enough of them to attend life threatening incidents let alone the 'I think that someone is behaving suspiciously'incidents.

God help us if something big kicks off - we will have to rely on the Army and then the whingers on here really will have something to moan about.

On 28/08/2019 at 18:56, busdriver1 said:

A few years ago in a different area, I watched from an upper floor flat, 2 youths break into my vehicle and steal the radio. I phoned the police who offered me a crime number. I then asked if that meant I had just lost my shotgun. They were out in 2 minutes and wanted to charge me with wasting police time as i did not have a shotgun. I told them to go for it and imagine the headlines in the local paper "attending the scene of a crime is wasting police time* They did since they had come out,arrest the 2 lads who were still unbelievably in sight and had the radio on them but they were let off with a caution as they had only done this 4 or 5 times before. 

You SHOULD have been charged with wasting police time - you really don't have a clue do you ?

Shame on you

Edited by Daven

1 hour ago, Daven said:

Exactly so and very well said.

Many of those on here slagging the police off need to realise that the service is on it's knees because of this Governments cutbacks

How can a third less police provide the same service ? They try their best but there just aren't enough of them to attend life threatening incidents let alone the 'I think that someone is behaving suspiciously'incidents.

God help us if something big kicks off - we will have to rely on the Army and then the whingers on here really will have something to moan about.

You SHOULD have been charged with wasting police time - you really don't have a clue do you ?

Shame on you

Always plenty of officers for football though eh? 

8 hours ago, Resident said:

Always plenty of officers for football though eh? 

Plus plenty of other people and community related events .

2 hours ago, willman said:

Plus plenty of other people and community related events .

And if somebody sends a nasty tweet, particularly if they're famous.

I know they've been cut the quick, but some of the stuff you see them chasing vs stuff they don't does leave you scratching your head a bit.

13 hours ago, scousemouse said:

So what you imply is that they have bought too many police cars - left hand does not know what the right hand is doing

38 minutes ago, amnicoll said:

So what you imply is that they have bought too many police cars - left hand does not know what the right hand is doing

Or maybe they have enough cars to cope with an occasional  major incident, when officers normally working in an office or off-duty can be called in?

Thanks to our inspirational new PM they'll be recruiting soon for those on you who think you could do a better job...........