Useless Police re attempted bike thefts

1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

Its the 999 operator that they are moaning about. They never spoke to SYP.

No it’s not and yes thay did.

They rang 999 and asked for the police which means that they would be speaking to someone in Police Communications on the Parkway, which is very much part of South Yorkshire Police.

8 minutes ago, lil-minx92 said:

I stand corrected, but they arent actual 'police' from a moaning about the police point of view

Sorry lil-minx92, I came across a bit blunt then, It wasn't my intention.  Anyway it's the same operators who take 999 and 101 calls.  Very true though, the operators arent police officers.

50 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I would have thought that the police wanted to be informed of suspicious behaviour, surely it is better to prevent a crime or catch them in the act rather than have to solve one.

That would be outside most drinking establishments,council offices and Houses of Parliament then.

I have reported vehicles behaving suspiciously in my village - they are quite noticeable if you are actively aware of your surroundings.

All of them drug dealers or buyers,funny how some of the people calling the police on here don't actively support arresting druggies or drug dealers.

People replying to the topic asked for more details so I gave more details, why would anyone make anything up like this ? 

2 minutes ago, DancingDave said:

People replying to the topic asked for more details so I gave more details, why would anyone make anything up like this ? 

Did the operator not take any details at all then.  I'm surprised they didn't take a registration number at least. 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

No it’s not and yes thay did.

They rang 999 and asked for the police which means that they would be speaking to someone in Police Communications on the Parkway, which is very much part of South Yorkshire Police.

Spot on except for the location of the Communications Room. 

17 minutes ago, Dales said:

Spot on except for the location of the Communications Room. 

I assume that it has moved then.

Not long ago my wife was out in her car with her elderly mother and they had an argument.  It's not unusual for my wife to become exasperated with her mother, but they don't usually have a barney in public, in the car.  But on this occasion they did.  Much ado about nothing - but it didn't go unnoticed by one observant and conscientious member of the public who saw/heard them arguing in the car, took the registration number and reported it.

A few hours later and the police arrived at our house, to question my wife.  She was rather taken aback by it to say the least!  She invited the officer to come inside and no doubt she made him a cup of tea, whilst explaining that her mother is a cantankerous old boiler who drives everyone nuts.   My wife provided her mother's address to the officer so he could go and check her out as well, but it seems like he didn't bother.  And that was the end of that.  

So police can be mobilised to investigate non-events, before any crime is committed.  Motorcycle theft...not so much perhaps, but two ladies arguing in a Ford Focus...yes...get on that case right away!

8 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

I assume that it has moved then.

Not in recent times.  They went from Area Control Rooms based at police stations to their current location.  Are you referring to Nunnery Square, the white building at the side of the Parkway?  

29 minutes ago, Dales said:

Are you referring to Nunnery Square, the white building at the side of the Parkway?  

Not sure what it was called but this was going back a few years when a mate of mine worked for SYP police comms and said that she was based somewhere on the Parkway.

In any discussion about police effectiveness, the uncomfortable fact has to be raised that much criminal behaviour goes unpunished because people aren’t prepared to make statements or give evidence against people known to be involved in crime. A couple of years ago near me, a woman was burgled and her own daughter knew who had done it but wouldn’t go to the police because ‘you just don’t grass, do you?

We get the policing we deserve! 😕

29 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not sure what it was called but this was going back a few years when a mate of mine worked for SYP police comms and said that she was based somewhere on the Parkway.

In any discussion about police effectiveness, the uncomfortable fact has to be raised that much criminal behaviour goes unpunished because people aren’t prepared to make statements or give evidence against people known to be involved in crime. A couple of years ago near me, a woman was burgled and her own daughter knew who had done it but wouldn’t go to the police because ‘you just don’t grass, do you?

We get the policing we deserve! 😕

I suppose people are scared of the repercussions of reporting offenders to the police, and as you say, giving evidence against them.  I honestly don't know what the answer to that is though.

10 hours ago, Halibut said:

Don't blame the police, blame the scum Tory government.

You are really funny

7 hours ago, arrowhead said:

i'm afraid it isn't quite clear as that.

the police are using every excuse in book to NOT  to have to do anything. there is a laziness that has become the over-riding factor with them now.

Fact is they prefer to cruise the streets in unmarked X5's and Land Rover Disco Sports rather than step on the cold hard pavement and interact with  the populace. 

👍 agreed, they really are rubbish.