Useless Police re attempted bike thefts

South Yorkshire Police are completely and utterly useless but in this case they were right.

With limited resources the last thing that they can afford to do is respond to every paranoid curtain twitcher.

performance targets do not take into account crimes prevented so no incentive

wonder if the van had tax and insurance?

I agree about the problem of limited resources it is a problem but at the same time one might question how these resources are allocated and the simple fact that the the police refused to do anything when there appeared to be a car park full of police cars suggests hey would rather wait and have a big chase

Edited by amnicoll

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

i'm afraid it isn't quite clear as that.

the police are using every excuse in book to NOT  to have to do anything. there is a laziness that has become the over-riding factor with them now.

Fact is they prefer to cruise the streets in unmarked X5's and Land Rover Disco Sports rather than step on the cold hard pavement and interact with  the populace. 

Several older locals have told me S. Yorkshire police have always been uninterested in helping people. If true, it's nothing to do with the Tories.

1 minute ago, nightrider said:

Several older locals have told me S. Yorkshire police have always been uninterested in helping people. 

Going back to the Miners’ strike, what happened at Orgreave and Hillsborough, SYP have always tended to side with the perpetrator and not the victim. It seems to be no different now.

A lot if it is to do with Tory cuts but it is also a case of institutional incompetence. 

14 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Going back to the Miners’ strike, what happened at Orgreave and Hillsborough, SYP have always tended to side with the perpetrator and not the victim. It seems to be no different now.

A lot if it is to do with Tory cuts but it is also a case of institutional incompetence. 

Miners were victims? 

Biggest laugh I've had in a while, thanks. 

28 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

South Yorkshire Police are completely and utterly useless but in this case they were right.

With limited resources the last thing that they can afford to do is respond to every paranoid curtain twitcher.

Its the 999 operator that they are moaning about. They never spoke to SYP.

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

yes, because God forbid we should stop a crime being committed.

No, lets wait until its too late so its "official".

attitude like yours is the reason why society is going to pot. I'm alright Jack so forget the rest of them.

Or stop and search them and then potentially get accused of being racist.

The people have removed the powers of the police  and now we all suffer.

Ring 101 and log the complaint,thats what 101 is for.

The guy with the crash helmet was trying to manhandle the Bike into the back of the van, he couldn't manage it as it had a disklok on it. and I was stood staring at him. The driver did not get out, but when they came back both of them were out of the van trying to push the bike off its stand so they could wheel it away into the van. 

I would have thought that the police wanted to be informed of suspicious behaviour, surely it is better to prevent a crime or catch them in the act rather than have to solve one.

15 minutes ago, DancingDave said:

The guy with the crash helmet was trying to manhandle the Bike into the back of the van, he couldn't manage it as it had a disklok on it. and I was stood staring at him. The driver did not get out, but when they came back both of them were out of the van trying to push the bike off its stand so they could wheel it away into the van. 

Funny how you said none of this in your OP  - so are you now trying to change your story.  

Did you actually see a crime being commited or not?

A white van going around that you "think" looks dodgy is not enough for police intervention.   What grounds exactly would they have to stop and arrest.

However if the above did actually happen and you reported that to the call handler I don't believe for one second that they would have ignored it. 

Something smells like bull here... Feeble attempt to put down the police force me thinks.  

1 hour ago, lil-minx92 said:

Its the 999 operator that they are moaning about. They never spoke to SYP.

The 999 operators work from SYP control room and are SYP staff.

6 minutes ago, Dales said:

The 999 operators work from SYP control room and are SYP staff.

I stand corrected, but they arent actual 'police' from a moaning about the police point of view