Bury Fc Expelled

5 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Plenty of clubs have been "removed" from the EFL through their "points deduction scheme". 

This protects the EFL image from a Bury/Bolton situation where they get the blame etc.

Imagine a 1st divison owner selling the the ground to his partner.

This "fit and proper" person now created a bankruptcy/administration, two sets of point deduction and transfer ban.

15 months later the club now on a sound financial footing with their ground back was relegated because of the points deductions.

This year is an opportunity for a financially safer and fairer promtion/relegation to/from the National League with the possibility of promotion for four clubs.

Bury can comeback.

I worry more about Bolton with its expensive and very distant ground.

Bolton have been saved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48906359 

Interesting article by Gillinghams chairman, below is part of the article.

“I was there at a board meeting when, in the early days of the Premier League, we were discussing which TV deal to take.“The board took the ridiculous decision not to take one which would have given the Football League a 20 per cent share of the TV money. That remains one of the darkest days in football because that was the beginning of the end for clubs like ours.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bury-demise-could-just-start-19023478

I don’t follow the game I once loved as much these days but when did QPR leave Loftus Road and move to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium?

17 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I don’t follow the game I once loved as much these days but when did QPR leave Loftus Road and move to the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium?

Did they actually move or was the stadium sponsored ?

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Bolton have been saved.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48906359 

With no disrespect to Bolton Wanderers, we'll see how long that lasts as they started the season with 12 point deduction penalty and could end up in League 2 and then what ?

1 minute ago, St Petre said:

Did they actually move or was the stadium sponsored ?

I’ve checked and Loftus Road now has a crap name, sums up football. 

As for Bury FC don't know much about them apart from when Peter Swan moved from the Owls and said the club and fans were very good to him. I think former England and Man City player Colin Bell started his career there. Sometime in the mid 60s , behind the bar in Coronation Street's Rovers Return was a list of  Bury FC's fixtures.

Edited by St Petre
Add

City and Utd,two of the largest football economies in european football couldnt have done more to save Bury FC,Really??? Part of Greater Manchester,so part of their own community,with players on salaries ,where one players salary over two months is equal to Burys entire debt.

There used to be a time when the richer clubs dribbled down some of their incomes to help lower league football clubs,when a player from a lower league side had his value set by the club that had nurtured him,taught him his trade........not anymore because the big clubs want to buy them on the cheap,and keep their fortunes to themselves.

Is that really a football family?Is it a model we can be proud of?

Of course they could have done more

2 hours ago, staninoodle said:

City and Utd,two of the largest football economies in european football couldnt have done more to save Bury FC,Really??? Part of Greater Manchester,so part of their own community,with players on salaries ,where one players salary over two months is equal to Burys entire debt.

There used to be a time when the richer clubs dribbled down some of their incomes to help lower league football clubs,when a player from a lower league side had his value set by the club that had nurtured him,taught him his trade........not anymore because the big clubs want to buy them on the cheap,and keep their fortunes to themselves.

Is that really a football family?Is it a model we can be proud of?

Of course they could have done more

I didn't say they couldn't have done more. Did you read my post properly? I did include detail about how City did help Bury but were treated badly.

My questions still stand: What do you expect City and United to have done to help Bury and why just those two clubs?

Bury FC buried themselves in debt through years of poor management, it shouldn't be upto other clubs or the EFL to dig these idiots out of the pit they've put themselves in.

There is a huge discrepancy in the amount of money various clubs have, but it's silly to compare Bury to Man Utd.

One of the biggest football teams in the world?  Fans in pretty much every country??  

It go's without saying that they will have massive income and equally massive outgoings.

Walk down a street/beach on some Island on the other side of the world in a Man Utd shirt and someone local will probably recognise it.

Try the same in a Bury shirt and they won't have a clue.

21 hours ago, Goon said:

I didn't say they couldn't have done more. Did you read my post properly? I did include detail about how City did help Bury but were treated badly.

My questions still stand: What do you expect City and United to have done to help Bury and why just those two clubs?

They could have loaned them 4 or maybe 5 of their academy prospects\ fringe players each,enabling Bury to cut there wage bill and buy them time to get their finances in order or at least seek an owner with a vested interest in the club.

Why these 2 clubs?Isnt being part of GR Manchester enough reason,who else would you look to London.Glasgow? Liverpool? Munich? City are owned by one of the planets wealthiest owners,would 5 free loans really hurt that much.Youre obvously "Not All Manchester Are You".

I was well aware of the training ground thing before you posted BTW,but thanks anyhow.Figure I heard qouted was it cost your club around 9K a week,what do you pay players like Aguero.what 150K a week,170K? Every Week,I know youve overheads and running costs but come on,a city the size of Manchester,youl both be playing in skys european league soon,not soon enough for me,when it all burns,youl be in the same league as Bury will be next season,manchester and district.

Im sure you get to write charity off as a tax break in the accounts,so you could have re claimed ya 9 Grand!!

Edited by staninoodle

22 hours ago, staninoodle said:

They could have loaned them 4 or maybe 5 of their academy prospects\ fringe players each,enabling Bury to cut there wage bill and buy them time to get their finances in order or at least seek an owner with a vested interest in the club.

Why these 2 clubs?Isnt being part of GR Manchester enough reason,who else would you look to London.Glasgow? Liverpool? Munich? City are owned by one of the planets wealthiest owners,would 5 free loans really hurt that much.Youre obvously "Not All Manchester Are You".

I was well aware of the training ground thing before you posted BTW,but thanks anyhow.Figure I heard qouted was it cost your club around 9K a week,what do you pay players like Aguero.what 150K a week,170K? Every Week,I know youve overheads and running costs but come on,a city the size of Manchester,youl both be playing in skys european league soon,not soon enough for me,when it all burns,youl be in the same league as Bury will be next season,manchester and district.

Im sure you get to write charity off as a tax break in the accounts,so you could have re claimed ya 9 Grand!!

A rather strange and rambling post there chap. I don't quite understand why you have decided to have a go at me personally when I was just asking you a simple question.

I'm not sure how much help clubs can offer other clubs before they fall foul of the regulations set in place by the footballing governing bodies and maybe more could have been done to help. A big problem with helping out though is the message it sends to owners of clubs who may feel that they can mismanage their clubs and be bailed out by others. The situation is very emotive as football fans invest a great deal of their lives into supporting their club but ultimately a club is a business and if a business is not run properly then it will fail. It is not really the responsibility of other businesses to bail another business out when it is in difficulty.

You save one and the rest will expect the same treatment, they'll be even more reckless with their spending because they know a big club will save them if it all goes pear-shaped.