Used Car - Paid In Full

Unfortunately due to people 'bickering ' on here my previous thread about used car problems was closed but I felt it was important to provide a final update.  Today the car dealer has paid in full, one day before the court order was up.  What a long battle it has been but well worth it.  Anyone thinking of going through the small claims process please remember it is not a simple procedure as it claims to be online.  It has been a very stressful 11 months and would not like to go through it again.

Edited by katekate
X

I am so pleased for you .....my sister went through more or less the same ordeal with a different dealer and it really took a toll on her health.....

Well done for seeing it through !!!

yes well done,justice against rogue dealers,but bet him and others are looking for there next con

Been reading your posts KK, thanks for letting us know,

A big WELL DONE  kate.

Posts have been removed. I'm just going to quote what Medusa stated in the previous topic. Anyone that decides to name and shame the company via any means on the forum, will have their account suspended.

This is the difference between a negative opinion (but just in factual terms) and the 'naming and shaming'. 

People are, of course, at liberty to not like anything at all, and for any or all reasons.  What they are NOT allowed to do on this forum is to make wild claims that they can't substantiate.

We remove posts which are potentially defamatory about the council, Amey and politicians too.  If you have seen a post which you believe to be defamatory or libelous please report it and the moderating team will remove it.

This is my final word on this BTW.  It's a forum rule and it's not likely to be changed.

4 hours ago, katekate said:

Unfortunately due to people 'bickering ' on here my previous thread about used car problems was closed but I felt it was important to provide a final update.  Today the car dealer has paid in full, one day before the court order was up.  What a long battle it has been but well worth it.  Anyone thinking of going through the small claims process please remember it is not a simple procedure as it claims to be online.  It has been a very stressful 11 months and would not like to go through it again.

Brilliant news Kate. Well done. I was following your thread and I was gutted it was removed, I thought wed never know how it ended so a big thank you for taking the time to let us all know.

Thank you to everyone who followed the original posts about this and for all the advice given.  Obviously I can't  name the dealer on here but he has been reported to trading standards and also the place that he advertises the cars.  If reporting him means it stops one more customer from being ripped off it will be worth it.  I thought I needed to post the final outcome on here to be fair to those that followed the thread.   Still can't believe  I've got the money back.

As Waj says, thank you for letting us all know.

We'll done Kate.