Mountfield Lawnmower

Good Morning,

Can anyone help me please? I have a Mountfield Petrol  Mower that is mis-firing. I know it’s nothing major as  I only purchased it s few months ago. 

Can anyone one help please I am wanting to use it today!

Many Thanks Nicola 😁

Check lead and spark plug 

I don’t want to start messing with it as I don’t have a clue! Tried looking where the spark plug was yesterday but I’m unsure love 😃

2 minutes ago, meathead said:

I don’t want to start messing with it as I don’t have a clue! Tried looking where the spark plug was yesterday but I’m unsure love 😃

Follow the h t lead and then pull it off the spark plug.  

Is the lead on the plug tight as it needs to be on tight .how old is the mower ?

also last time you used it did you run all fuel out of it or leave some in ,if you’ve left some in the fuel can go off and block the  carburettor  Etc 

Edited by rudds1

You really need someone ( neighbour?) who is able to remove it and perhaps clean it, a spare plug is a good idea with these engines.

I’ve tried the neighbour 😂 and yes for future reference I shall purchase a spare plug many thanks 😃

Good point on the possibility of blocked carburettor.

How does the engine run, ie, mis-fire enough to prevent you using it? Does it start ok?

35 minutes ago, carosio said:

Good point on the possibility of blocked carburettor.

How does the engine run, ie, mis-fire enough to prevent you using it? Does it start ok?

I’m I’ve tried the neighbour 😂 and yes for future reference I shall purchase a spare plug many thanks 😃

It starts ok it just sounds different, I’m able to cut the grass but the noise is annoying 

Maybe you might be better with an electric mower?

It’s a good job I have a sense of humour 😂 

1 hour ago, meathead said:

It starts ok it just sounds different, I’m able to cut the grass but the noise is annoying 

You bought it a only a few months ago.It sound different now.

Can you ask your neighbout to check  the following.

If the mower has a 4 stoke engine, it will need oil and must have enough oil in it.

If the mower has a 2 stroke engine it will need a small amount of 2 stroke oil adding to the petrol at each fill up.

If you run it without oil, it will pack up completely.