Sky Broadband Woes.

Anyone in the S60 area having problems with slow BB on Sky?

Currently im getting 1mbit DL speed (Yeah, ONE!!  😂  )

Sky reckon I should be getting around 40.

Try  rebooting your router if you haven't already. 

14 hours ago, simonj said:

Try  rebooting your router if you haven't already. 

Cheers but i tried that. I suspect its the router as Ive been having several issues with it recently and Sky being what they are just are not interested in helping fix it.

Saying that 1mbit is slower than the poor speeds I usually get so I thought there maybe a network problem.

Stay tuned for a post which will be titled "Moving from Sky, Any BB recommendations?" lol

20 hours ago, Waj said:

Cheers but i tried that. I suspect its the router as Ive been having several issues with it recently and Sky being what they are just are not interested in helping fix it.

Saying that 1mbit is slower than the poor speeds I usually get so I thought there maybe a network problem.

Stay tuned for a post which will be titled "Moving from Sky, Any BB recommendations?" lol

If it is a router problem, then Sky have no responsibility in fixing your hardware. It is in your contract. Only Virgin as far as I know will take responsibility of the working of all hardware. 

9 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

If it is a router problem, then Sky have no responsibility in fixing your hardware. It is in your contract. Only Virgin as far as I know will take responsibility of the working of all hardware. 

That's incorrect, as if Sky provided the router, and it's within the initial contract period, they support router and line, if it's out-side the initial period they may offer to 'replace' the router, and sign you into a new 12(or 18) month deal, but then they still support the router...

Edited by Ghozer

5 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Wow, a nice couple of rash assumptions there.

3 hours ago, Ghozer said:

That's in correct, as if Sky provided the router, and it's within the initial contract period, they support router and line, if it's out-side the initial period they may offer to 'replace' the router, and sign you into a new 12(or 18) month deal, but then they still support the router...

Spot on mate.

6 hours ago, Ghozer said:

That's incorrect, as if Sky provided the router, and it's within the initial contract period, they support router and line, if it's out-side the initial period they may offer to 'replace' the router, and sign you into a new 12(or 18) month deal, but then they still support the router...

No it really isn’t. You are making presumptions you are in no position to make. Let’s be explicitly clear, there is NO maintenance aspect in a Sky broadband contract. If you opted to have Sky equipment, once the 12 months is up from day one, you’re on your own because that is as long as the warranty on those things last. 

If you took out an 18 or 24 month contract and your equipment packs up on 12 months plus a day, well it is your problem. Sky could fix it, but it is up to their goodwill. You are in no way entitled to a fix. 

Edited by Albert the Cat

19 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

No it really isn’t. You are making presumptions you are in no position to make. Let’s be explicitly clear, there is NO maintenance aspect in a Sky broadband contract. If you opted to have Sky equipment, once the 12 months is up from day one, you’re on your own because that is as long as the warranty on those things last. 

If you took out an 18 or 24 month contract and your equipment packs up on 12 months plus a day, well it is your problem. Sky could fix it, but it is up to their goodwill. You are in no way entitled to a fix. 

no assumptions here, experience from my cousin who works for Sky, and also the experience my Mum recently had with them, it was pretty much exactly as I said above...

and as I said, they would offer to send you a new router, and tie you in to another contact if your router does die etc, what's the difference between your second paragraph really? - I never said they would fix it, I simply said they would offer to send a new one, and re-start/tie you into a new 12 or 18 month contract etc, if it was outside that period

25 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

You are the only one making assumptions. Im not sure if you are doing it deliberately or not, either way your assumption is wrong.

On 25/08/2019 at 13:38, Waj said:

I can highly recommend the customer service at EE. I have found their CS to be 2nd to none over many years. Both their mobile side and BB.

We're clearly glossing over the fact that @Waj "thinks" it is the router at fault.  This could be an issue with the Openreach network.