Southey Green Junior School

I was at Southey Green Junior School in the late 50's !!!  I still have quite a few memories.......A school visit to York......quite a few pupils.......Lynne Middleton, Christine Day, Christine Loxley, Hilary Upchurch, Linda Pigott, David Clarke, David Smith, Robert Jones, Glyn Commander, Colin Bell Gary Shore, David Marshall, Elaine Whitham, ........I'm sure I'll remember others if prompted.  I still have the class photo taken in around 1961 ?

I see that housenan  was one of those named......I remember you well ....in particular one incident when I bit the end of your finger .....happy days ! lol !

3 minutes ago, Tacitus said:

I was at Southey Green Junior School in the late 50's !!!  I still have quite a few memories.......A school visit to York......quite a few pupils.......Lynne Middleton, Christine Day, Christine Loxley, Hilary Upchurch, Linda Pigott, David Clarke, David Smith, Robert Jones, Glyn Commander, Colin Bell Gary Shore, David Marshall, Elaine Whitham, ........I'm sure I'll remember others if prompted.  I still have the class photo taken in around 1961 ?

I see that housenan  was one of those named......I remember you well ....in particular one incident when I bit the end of your finger .....happy days ! lol !

I'd love to hear from anyone who remembers me after all these years !

Edited by Tacitus
incorrect spelling

I also remember the 11+ exams..........I remember that me and my mate David Smith were the only two boys who passed for grammar school. I went to Firth Park and Dave went to Abbeydale.  Some girls went to grammar including Christine Day and I think Christine Harris.  Some others went to Comprehensive Schools like Owler Lane .

I also vividly remember coercing all the Junior School Sheffield Wednesday fans to bring their scarves, rattles etc....and to run around the school playground at lunch time chanting Up The Owls and other popular 'anthems' ! Needless to say we were soon reprimanded and the activity stopped.  All our 'kit' was seized and returned after school never to re-appear again !

I think my cousin, Debbie Whitaker, may have been at that school at about that time.  Does anyone remember her?

Time does fade the memory.......but I don't recall the name .

7 hours ago, Tacitus said:

I left in 1962 !

Just missed each other.