Facebook Good or bad?

What's your veiw on face book personally I don't use it is it a good thing or bad? People seem to have different veiws🤔

Depends what you use it for, if you post personal stuff then they will know personal stuff about you. I share music with friends and stay in contact with friends including school friends I haven't spoke to in over 30 years

I find it very useful as a way of staying in touch with friends and family.

I use it a lot, and am in a few groups, some odd, such as the Park Bench Appreciation Society, Pedants Picture Corner....it's great for keeping in touch with lots of pals, many from college days, 50 years ago!

Useful for keeping in touch, don't think it's as much used as it was a few years ago. Think people are losing interest in it

My Facebook friend list resembles League of Nations... and this to me is its beauty.... that you can keep in touch with those who've touched your life wherever they may be although regular face to face contact isn't possible,

I didn’t think I would use it much when I first joined but I find it very useful now.

Not on it myself, but my entire family is. I am an old fashioned type who values his privacy too much, yes even though I have close family all over the place. I find email does all I need and of course, I only pay 2cents a minute on the phone to the UK and  Australia.

Don't really have an opinion except that anyone who goes on it angry at someone and drunk as well needs to get off of it. People have lost jobs and a lot more by drunken venting on social media.

9 hours ago, Butterscene said:

Its a bit late for this isn't it? its been around for about 15 years.

Maybe but some of us older generation have only just started digging around the Internet! 

If i need to stay in touch with anyone then i do so personally, don't need an app to help with that. I have no interest in what anyone else is doing on facebook.

However a lot of the dog rescues that i help have moved to Facebook sites instead of costly websites so i do have Facebook account.

Although surprisingly i've already been banned from a local Facebook group for complaining about idiots sticking billboards and advertising banners up everywhere in the village - and some of you think SF is strict.

6 hours ago, willman said:

If i need to stay in touch with anyone then i do so personally, don't need an app to help with that. I have no interest in what anyone else is doing on facebook.

However a lot of the dog rescues that i help have moved to Facebook sites instead of costly websites so i do have Facebook account.

Although surprisingly i've already been banned from a local Facebook group for complaining about idiots sticking billboards and advertising banners up everywhere in the village - and some of you think SF is strict.

That's great I have two bull terriers both rescued from bad owners also had lots of other animals and rehomed them 👍

Terrible terrible invention.

damaging for society on so many different levels.

should be banned.