Pike Fishing

hi all where are some good places to go pike fishing on rivers in Yorkshire area later this year

The Wharfe around Wetherby/Tadcaster and the Swale at Thornton Bridge, Topcliffe, Morton  Bridge, Brompton etc hold some decent pike. It's been a long time since I fished these rivers so i'm not sure which stretches are day ticket. You could search for tackle shops in the area and contact them for information.

Are you only interested in rivers or would you like information on still water too?

Try Dam Flask its hugely underfished and full of pike. I've had pike to 28lb in the past plus many others. 

There are also some huge bream, chub and perch. It used to be a good roach water, but as late they seem to have disappeared. 

Depending on who you speak to depends on the advice given. I usually fish in the neck end or basin area. It fishes well throughout the year, but as its huge can suffer from high winds and choppy water.

Most deadbaits work. Ive had a lot of fish on herring. Livebaits are currently not allowed.

Wherever you fish beware of dog walkers, joggers etc as they can be a nuisance.

Other information you can get from the bailiff or Dawsons tackle shop on holme lane.

You could also try Underbank, although I havn't fished it for over 25 years, it used to have a good head of pike into double figures.

I'm unaware of any localish rivers, my river pike fishing is normally Fen based. Lincolnshire or Norfolk/Suffolk fens and drains. 

Nearest to Sheffield I've piked would be Gainsborough, Saxilby or Newark, all an hour or so.

Try any of the following

New Junction Canal

Aire and Calder Canal

Stainforth and Keadby Canal

South Yorkshire Navigation

Have a look on DDAA FISHING INFO PUBLIC GROUP INFO FACEBOOK and RIVER DON TIDAL ANGLING REPORTS FACEBOOK

Tidal River Don Kirk Bramwith or Barnby Dunn

Phone Stainforth Angling ask for Mark Price or call in Wickersley Angling both can bereally helpfull

I fished the Mirfield AC water at Whitley Lock for roach last week and had 6 pike on in 3 hours , could have done with a trace attached to a 22

4lb 10 oz perch came out of New Junction Canal this week

Harlesthorpe Dam at Clowne have a good stock of Pike. I fish there regularly and rarely leave without catching a few, legered Mackerel works for me.

The Sheffield Canal by the Bernard Road Incinerator Plant has some good pike, the Don near East Coast Road Bridge has a reputation.