Good Late Bar

Anyone know any other late bar open on Sunday’s with music like maid of vale? 

Is it particularly that genre of music played at Maida Vale you are looking for or just somewhere to drink late on that has a little atmosphere?

Does Maida Vale even have a genre of music? I know it presents itself a certain way with all the Pulp/Arctic Monkeys etc posters, but we stopped going in because they just seemed to play absolutely anything.

25 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Does Maida Vale even have a genre of music? I know it presents itself a certain way with all the Pulp/Arctic Monkeys etc posters, but we stopped going in because they just seemed to play absolutely anything.

it depends which night you go, it tends to be older stuff at the weekend, mostly classic mods & rockers songs with a little cheese chucked in, I think they do have some indie nights and live music too. 

Personally my current preference is the Washington - apart from having decent ale I enjoy the music when inside or can chill out when out in the beer 'garden'. Of course the Washy doesn't open on Sundays so it isn't much help for the OP!

Edited by Andy C

Just looking where actually opens late on a Sunday.... Old House shuts at midnight, West Street Live may be the answer..

Like maid of vale as they always play the requests you ask for plus decent size bar 

The Mulberry Tavern often opens late on Fridays and Saturdays - unsure about this Sunday with Bank holiday mind. They play a range of music loosely similar to Maida Vale but they also have karaoke. It's quite small in comparison to Maida mind but it's always been decent when I've been

1 hour ago, Tomm06 said:

The Mulberry Tavern often opens late on Fridays and Saturdays - unsure about this Sunday with Bank holiday mind. They play a range of music loosely similar to Maida Vale but they also have karaoke. It's quite small in comparison to Maida mind but it's always been decent when I've been

Mulberry Tavern opens until 11:45pm on Sundays.

14 hours ago, Rachel21 said:

Anyone know any other late bar open on Sunday’s with music like maid of vale? 

What music do Maid Of Vale play (and it would also be helpful to know where this establishment is located)?

7 hours ago, Martin C said:

What music do Maid Of Vale play (and it would also be helpful to know where this establishment is located)?

Maida Vale is on West Street, across from Walkabout. See #4 for the type of music they play.

On 23/08/2019 at 08:43, nikki-red said:

Maida Vale is on West Street, across from Walkabout. See #4 for the type of music they play.

I suspect Martin was being pedantic about the repeated typo!