What Would You Like To See Change In Our City?

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I think you are missing the key point, which was to inform others about the purchase of a Mulberry bag.

Ahh of course - it was a bit more subtle then the usual ones - the best was where someone asked about a good watch repair place and they went on to post a short essay about the number of designer watches they owned..

On 01/09/2019 at 08:26, Planner1 said:

Why don't you tell the truth and just say you want cheaper / free parking because you basically don't want to pay?

It beggars belief that you can contend that someone paying up to £40 a ticket for the theatre is going to come more often if they don't have to pay the princely sum of £2 to park for the whole evening (as that is what it costs on all council controlled parking).

Like other towns do Sheffield isn't car friendly like it or not planner in fact it harms theatres etc with car parking 

On 01/09/2019 at 15:44, andyofborg said:

we had one but no one used it

It was size of a  shed and was so mall and to expensive wasn't viable and guess what cost millions to build and sold off  for 1 pound 

On 03/09/2019 at 16:02, lil-minx92 said:

I agree. Stop banging on about being the 'City of Sport' when we don't even have a world class sports stadium.  The major thing Sheffield has going for it is its proximity to the Peak District and all the outdoor pursuits on offer there. Market it as the base for people to stay for visits to the Peaks and improve transport links between there and the city centre- maybe free 'green' busses picking up from areas around hotels.  A destination for daytime outdoor activity followed by an evening of city centre nightlife.

And it seems to be changing now, but why do they base loads of events / establishments that attract people to the city  in Attercliffe- one of the most scruffy areas of the city.  The Council seem loathe to show off the nice areas.  The council desperately like putting major people pullers out in the middle of an industrial wasteland. It made a mistake in putting the Arena in Attercliffe. Leeds got it right putting theirs in the city centre so the city centre bars and restaurants benefit from tens of thousands of extra visitors that Sheffield would have funnelled into Attercliffe, Centretainment, or straight back on to the M1 home.

And get rid of Julie Dore and the rest of her 1970's style labour cronies or persuade them to see what Leeds does, and just copy them.

No Julie bore and her cronies put paid the that 

20 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

I think you are missing the key point, which was to inform others about the purchase of a Mulberry bag.

Yes, he’s a self made man, a former member of the Dronfield Smart Set, currently gourmand and all round ‘man of good taste’.

3 hours ago, ormester said:

Like other towns do Sheffield isn't car friendly like it or not planner in fact it harms theatres etc with car parking 

How does Sheffield "harm" the theatres with car parking?

If you want to drive to the theatre, you go round the inner ring road, turn off onto Eyre St / Arundel Gate, which takes you straight to the theatres, passing FOUR multi-storey car parks on the way and you can turn off a short distance away and park on-street or in a council car park for a whole £2 for the WHOLE evening if you want to save money.

How is any of that unfriendly to cars?

16 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

If you want to drive to the theatre, you go round the inner ring road, turn off onto Eyre St / Arundel Gate, which takes you straight to the theatres, passing FOUR multi-storey car parks on the way and you can turn off a short distance away and park on-street or in a council car park for a whole £2 for the WHOLE evening if you want to save money.

Indeed. No-one ever decides not to go to the theatre because of car parking prices, and every town or city is the same with parking. People like to compare Sheffield with Leeds....but I bet they wouldn't like the car parking prices in Leeds, they are much higher than Sheffield.

On 22/08/2019 at 10:22, jerseylad said:

I was sat thinking how a lot of us have thoughts on how we would like changes in either the city as a whole or maybe our local area but not sure how to do this or get an idea heard,  I thought maybe a thread where we could suggest ideas which are realistic to improve our local area's or city? who knows maybe somebody with some influence may read the ideas and take your idea forward.. 🤷‍♂️

Remove the planning and design department.

Call me a stick in the mud and whatever you like...I simply will not be cornered into paying car parking charges.

Businesses in the City will NOT get my money.

Take the Bus one said?..

Costs more...and Yeah,   pollute the city with yet MORE Diesel fumes to boot?

No ta.

Guest makapaka
30 minutes ago, FinBak said:

Call me a stick in the mud and whatever you like...I simply will not be cornered into paying car parking charges.

Businesses in the City will NOT get my money.

Take the Bus one said?..

Costs more...and Yeah,   pollute the city with yet MORE Diesel fumes to boot?

No ta.

But you’d take your car in if parking was free? 

Hell to pollution in that case yeah?

Guest makapaka
9 hours ago, beefface said:

Yes, he’s a self made man, a former member of the Dronfield Smart Set, currently gourmand and all round ‘man of good taste’.

Yes of course - with his distaste for those not suitably dressed or those who buy steaks that have not been suitably  hung........

30 minutes ago, makapaka said:

But you’d take your car in if parking was free? 

Hell to pollution in that case yeah?

Depends on WHAT car you drive into town.

One of My cars has next to ZERO emissions...!

12 hours ago, Planner1 said:

your deluded planner