What Would You Like To See Change In Our City?

I shouldn't worry, it'll become a ghost town once the congestion charges start for the average Joe. 

it needs a change of power or at least nearly,then they all listen

On 25/08/2019 at 16:01, FinBak said:

That would be a Valid Point...But ...Where are these "Workers" you talk of.. actually going to work?..

Apart from the few shops in the City that are open for business.

Not all of those people have cars.

95% of the workers in Sheffield City centre get there by Tram.

The council have offices at which thousands of people work, HSBC Bank have just moved thousands of staff into their new city centre offices. There are a huge number of companies based in the city centre, civil service, lawyers, accountants etc etc. 

95% of workers come by tram? Ridiculous assertion, clearly not true.

On 24/08/2019 at 23:22, Mister Gee said:

I wouldn’t take to much notice of him love, he lives in his own little world.

So your happy with the city centre looking like the set of an episode of The Walking Dead ? 

On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 23:22, Mister Gee said:

I wouldn’t take to much notice of him love, he lives in his own little world.

You must walk round with your eyes closed. Just visit Fargate or the cathedral area. It's full of these ZOMBIES. I think it is you who lives in your own little world.

1 hour ago, Penistone999 said:

So your happy with the city centre looking like the set of an episode of The Walking Dead ? 

I thought you just ignored their presence and went about your daily business?

Guest busdriver1

What in my view would help Sheffield would be an awakening and realising it is not Leeds or Manchester but a different city that has its own character (😂) and history. The constant comparison to other cities only serves to illustrate its shortcomings.

I've only lived here not even 6 months; I moved up after studying Travel and Tourism in college as a mature student in another county (Lincolnshire) before moving here with hope of finding a position in that sector. Not been successful.

The lack of tourism facilities is shocking! I've seen a couple of those Welcome Sheffield individuals with the black/green hats and waistcoats going around; but there doesn't seem to be a direct tourist information point.

I get there's funding cuts, but for somewhere as big as this? Lincoln (nearby where I previously lived) had loads on offer for tourism and their main attractions are the castle and cathedral.
Sheffield has the cathedral, Kelham Island and a few museums which are interesting for local history - Where's all the advertisement online to attract visitors? All I've found is the Visit Sheffield page but it doesn't seem to get out there.

I've tried to contact the council about it, but they appeared to ignore or not be interested which is a real shame.

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, burghley said:

I've only lived here not even 6 months; I moved up after studying Travel and Tourism in college as a mature student in another county (Lincolnshire) before moving here with hope of finding a position in that sector. Not been successful.

The lack of tourism facilities is shocking! I've seen a couple of those Welcome Sheffield individuals with the black/green hats and waistcoats going around; but there doesn't seem to be a direct tourist information point.

I get there's funding cuts, but for somewhere as big as this? Lincoln (nearby where I previously lived) had loads on offer for tourism and their main attractions are the castle and cathedral.
Sheffield has the cathedral, Kelham Island and a few museums which are interesting for local history - Where's all the advertisement online to attract visitors? All I've found is the Visit Sheffield page but it doesn't seem to get out there.

I've tried to contact the council about it, but they appeared to ignore or not be interested which is a real shame.

The biggest problem is there are no real tourist attractions IN Sheffield. The best it can offer is being near one. 

Get rid of this council  get decent shops etc there's loads to be done 

15 hours ago, ormester said:

Get rid of this council  get decent shops etc there's loads to be done 

Why didn't I think of that?!

Getting rid of the council will no doubt encourage 'decent shops' to ignore the collapse of the retail sector and flock to Sheffield city centre!

What decent shops were you thinking of? House of Fraser? Virgin Megastore?