What Would You Like To See Change In Our City?

Town centre with less empty buses and more car friendly to promote business 

On 22/08/2019 at 18:26, Crissie said:

No 'Tagging', and chewing gum disposed of properly.

Tagging is an interesting subject actually, especially considering street art is something the city seems to be pretty known for. I think it can actually add value in terms of visitors by embracing it (within reason of course!)

Fewer people moaning about the council ad infinitum and trying to engineer ways to get around the fact that the minority parties they support don't currently receive enough votes take over power.

Cant say my post would be removed.

8 hours ago, overtheborder said:

Tagging is an interesting subject actually, especially considering street art is something the city seems to be pretty known for. I think it can actually add value in terms of visitors by embracing it (within reason of course!)

I like true street art, I see it as a completely different thing to the illegible untidy tagging that is everywhere around us these days.

14 hours ago, haddy said:

Town centre with less empty buses and more car friendly to promote business 

Surely that is a total contradiction. 

You encourage bus use and increase passenger numbers by discouraging use of personal cars.  

If we had car friendly streets and an abundence of free parking - why would people choose to sit on a bus

If only Sheffield could be reclassified as a London Borough. Imagine the enormous pile of money central government would throw at us!

The FreeBee bus was handy to get you round the city centre, shame it was scrapped. It would be nice to see it brought back, but I can’t see that happening.

I use to call the city centre when I lived in Sheffield, now I miss it and Hillsborough, I appreciate it now when I come to visit.  I prefer it to Newcastle Centre, but having said that I do love the Tyne Bridges up here, to sit on the Quayside with a coffee and just admire the ingenuity and diversity of the lovely bridges is something I will never get tired of.

On 22/08/2019 at 18:26, Crissie said:

No 'Tagging', and chewing gum disposed of properly.

Also clear the city centre streets of Spice Zombies and beggars. 

12 hours ago, ECCOnoob said:

Surely that is a total contradiction. 

You encourage bus use and increase passenger numbers by discouraging use of personal cars.  

If we had car friendly streets and an abundence of free parking - why would people choose to sit on a bus

Not really! Reduce the amount of buses running would reduce the amount of dead space being run! People won't give up their cars fir buses, fact so support and embrace the car users

A proper road and rail trans-pennine link - we should be able to get to Manchester in 40 minutes or thereabouts.

47 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

Also clear the city centre streets of Spice Zombies and beggars. 

And provide incentives for more quality shop chains to set up.   Would like to see a branch of SpaceNK and Zara and  Bally.