Prostate Cancer Experiences

My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer at Barnsley Hospital.  The day after being diagnosed he was operated on and for the next 5 years he was under the care of a consultant who came from Weston Park to Barnsley.  Throughout this 5 year period he regularly had tumor marker tests sent to the Hallamshire Hospital.  Time and time again these test results were late coming back and also wrong !    After a while the consultant had had enough and he insisted the tests be sent to Charing Cross Hospital in London.  From then on, the test results came back quicker from London than from Sheffield and they were accurate.

Mind you this was 32 years ago but it sounds like they are still slow,  hopefully they are more accurate now.

Thankfully with the skill and speed of the surgeons, my husband has been clear of cancer ever since.

Great news, had a phone call this morning at 08-30 to tell me that the blemish on my lung is only scaring from the radiotherapy I had for the treatment of my lung cancer.Great.

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

Great news, had a phone call this morning at 08-30 to tell me that the blemish on my lung is only scaring from the radiotherapy I had for the treatment of my lung cancer.Great.

So pleased for your good news.    Go and celebrate.        :banana:

1 minute ago, francypants said:

So pleased for your good news.    Go and celebrate.        :banana:

Very kind of you to say so.👍

2 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Can uncross my fingers at last, smashing Kidorry.. now do what Francy says.. Celebrate.

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Can uncross my fingers at last, smashing Kidorry.. now do what Francy says.. Celebrate.

My wife and I have done that with a bottle of very good English red wine.