Prostate Cancer Experiences

31 minutes ago, El Cid said:

To my surprise, I have got the all clear of cancer, thanks for the good wishes.

My prostate is inflamed and swollen, for which the doc has prescribed Tamsulosin.

Wiki says Tamsulosin may cause dizziness, but it does not say 'do not drive'. So I will look into that before I take them.

Not keen on medications, I will see how things go.

Fantastic news Cid :thumbsup:.

Thanks for letting us know.

Pleased to hear your good news.

Now have a pint and celebrate .........    CHEERS  !         🍺

El Cid

Your guardian angel has come up trumps for you. All the best to you for the future.

Great news ,and do not bother about the Tamsulosin because I have been taking it for ages without any side effects. But everyone is different. Hope my news is as good tomorrow.

On 02/10/2019 at 17:34, Kidorry said:

Thank you for that.

Got up at 05-30, taxi to  Weston park only to find that the results had not come through. A well such is life. 

9 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Got up at 05-30, taxi to  Weston park only to find that the results had not come through. A well such is life. 

Bugger !!       Oh well ....... chin up.

Let's hope the saying is true .......    No news is good news.     :thumbsup:

Still no results after 3 weeks. Getting a bit miffed now because when I had a C.T. scan at the N.G.H. I got the results in a week.

KIdorry

I've had a lot of experience in this area. It's not acceptable to have to wait so long for the results-every day counts in the treatment of cancer. I'd advise you get on to the Clinical Director in charge of your  treatment. Weston Park is usually very quick off the mark  in terms of its care for its patients.

Dr Crossley was in charge of my partner's treatment. Myself and my partner's brother,

lobbied continuously and vigorously for results to be made available to us as quickly as possible.

The Clinical Director is the head "honcho "  and the buck stops there. Don't be fobbed off by anybody.

Believe me, it isn't easy being pushy in such circumstances-but your health and life depends on fast and accurate results and in addition, the results being passed on to you

A tip worth knowing. Get the telephone numbers of the Secretaries of your Doctors and Radiologists  .They are the "gate keepers" to the whole treatment process.

Also ask for the Radiologist's full report-not just the Doctor's interpretation.

Never be afraid of seeking a second opinion.

My sincere wishes that everything goes well for you.

Edited by petemcewan

I am in touch with my cancer nurses and my doctor who are trying to speed things up but they both say they are waiting for the results from the Hallamshire. Thank you for your very good advice. This is the first time I have had to wait this long.

My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer at Barnsley Hospital.  The day after being diagnosed he was operated on and for the next 5 years he was under the care of a consultant who came from Weston Park to Barnsley.  Throughout this 5 year period he regularly had tumor marker tests sent to the Hallamshire Hospital.  Time and time again these test results were late coming back and also wrong !    After a while the consultant had had enough and he insisted the tests be sent to Charing Cross Hospital in London.  From then on, the test results came back quicker from London than from Sheffield and they were accurate.

Mind you this was 32 years ago but it sounds like they are still slow,  hopefully they are more accurate now.

Thankfully with the skill and speed of the surgeons, my husband has been clear of cancer ever since.