Prostate Cancer Experiences

9 hours ago, El Cid said:

They did the MRI scan on Wednesday but the consultant now wants to do a biopsy, although he said it still may not be cancer. But I am guessing its more likely, since I didnt get the all-clear.

He did say the biopsy would be this week, but no appointment letter yet.

I can honestly say that when I had my biopsy I did not feel a thing but there again my cancer is in a different place than yours.

On 29/08/2019 at 07:07, Kidorry said:

I can honestly say that when I had my biopsy I did not feel a thing but there again my cancer is in a different place than yours.

The biopsy was terrible, they put a 'spreader' in there - that was bad, then 10 needles that gather samples, the 10 needles were harmless, it was just the tool that they used to get in there that was painful.

I had anti-biotics before, but they said its normal to get a fever, which I did.

It took all day to get over it, I was shivering in bed

I had pelvic pains, doctor did a PSA blood test, it was quite high, I was sent to urology, had biopsy, no cancer. I have since had a PSA level of 32, another biopsy, no cancer. I had no problems with biopsy, I am now monitored yearly and glad of it.

I am seeing the consultant on the 1st October, so I will get to know whether and by how much I have cancer.

7 hours ago, El Cid said:

I am seeing the consultant on the 1st October, so I will get to know whether and by how much I have cancer.

Hope everything is OK Cid, best of luck pal.

14 hours ago, El Cid said:

All the best and fingers crossed.     :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, El Cid said:

I wish you all the best El Cid.

31 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I wish you all the best El Cid.

Here,here, good luck!

On 20/08/2019 at 23:19, steve68 said:

Mine is a medical condition I had testicular failure, Testosterone levels dropped to 2.8 then following a couple of  removals  0.8 after a dodgy start to TRT and  questionable levels of greater than 52, so high it wasn't recordable, currently I'm at 18 which my Endo concluded 15 is the low end where I function, anything in the 20s is good for me.  I know that seems high, but as she told me the levels they work from is based on an average sample of 1,000 men and some are high some are low, and for me high teens to mid twenties is ok, as it doesn't impact on my blood tests, PSA 1.3 was exceptionality low given I'd had relations with the G/F with 12hrs prior to testing and the rest of my blood work is excellent.

its crappy that doctors won't entertain TRT until testosterone levels fit neatly at, I think it's 8 or lower.

Only downside is they do test and inject a lot,  

Don't just accept that TRT is beneficial. The way the body processes testosterone is complex, and sometimes additional testosterone from medication is converted by the body to estrogen. Read a lot before you embark on it, is what I would do.

To my surprise, I have got the all clear of cancer, thanks for the good wishes.

My prostate is inflamed and swollen, for which the doc has prescribed Tamsulosin.

Wiki says Tamsulosin may cause dizziness, but it does not say 'do not drive'. So I will look into that before I take them.

Not keen on medications, I will see how things go.

Excellent news, always good to come out of the doctors with positive news.

Did you ask him if there was any medication you could take with the Tamsulosin to help with the side effects?

Sites online say it effects less than 1 in 10 men, so there's a fair chance you won't have any issue.

Perhaps take it over the weekend, give it a couple of days and see if you notice anything?