Prostate Cancer Experiences

Great news, had a phone call this morning at 08-30 to tell me that the blemish on my lung is only scaring from the radiotherapy I had for the treatment of my lung cancer.Great.

1 hour ago, Kidorry said:

Great news, had a phone call this morning at 08-30 to tell me that the blemish on my lung is only scaring from the radiotherapy I had for the treatment of my lung cancer.Great.

So pleased for your good news.    Go and celebrate.        :banana:

1 minute ago, francypants said:

So pleased for your good news.    Go and celebrate.        :banana:

Very kind of you to say so.👍

2 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Can uncross my fingers at last, smashing Kidorry.. now do what Francy says.. Celebrate.

5 hours ago, Padders said:

Can uncross my fingers at last, smashing Kidorry.. now do what Francy says.. Celebrate.

My wife and I have done that with a bottle of very good English red wine.

I had another blood test last week, reading came back at 4.2 which is lower than my previous 5.1 but still above normal.

So no more investigations, I still go for a wee numerous times, but its managable.

My borderline diabetes is also just ok, reading of 42, then 41 and now 41 again.  So I need to continue to eat better to get it even lower.

It crossed my mind, the fact that the ten needles when the NHS did the biopsy didnt find any cancer, doesnt mean there is none, just that they didnt find it.

On 24/04/2021 at 10:20, El Cid said:

I had another blood test last week, reading came back at 4.2 which is lower than my previous 5.1 but still above normal.

So no more investigations, I still go for a wee numerous times, but its managable.

My borderline diabetes is also just ok, reading of 42, then 41 and now 41 again.  So I need to continue to eat better to get it even lower.

Just had this years result, just this result so far - "43 mmol/mol".

I need to eat healthier; I suffer with mild but getting worse arthritis, left hip is the worst, partial frozen left should and a little soreness in my right knee, also a touch of gout.

The cause of the gout could be a poor diet high in sugar, I am eating more salad, but I need to improve.

They did say that they were doing a PSA test, that may come tommorrow, maybe other tests too.

Being one of the unfortunate/fortunates and undergoing ongoing treatment I can only express my gratitude to the NHS .

The constant call of nature was the first warning sign and led to the diagnosis and various hormone medication.

I have had none of the side effects which sounded a bit concerning apart from a few hot flushes which pass within a few minutes.

The greatest benefit is the use of a long term catheter which once again has caused me no problems and now able to get a good 8 hours sleep a night and no need to work around public toilets when out and about.

Good luck to all who have similar issues and a word of advice to all who have symptoms.Get checked out at the earliest sign ,or even get PSA checked when approaching middle age.

My result today - Serum prostate specific antigen level 4.7 ug/L

Still going to the loo, often before wake time

I know someone that was posting levels around 6 or 7, they had PET and MRI scans, nothing was found.

I think you're in the wait and see category for now?