Owls Given Bye Against Bury.

It's a shame, especially the circumstances why. Was talk borukuv was going to get a game. Hopefully it will just be rearranged rather than cancelled

6 hours ago, NERVY-OWL said:

It's a shame, especially the circumstances why. Was talk borukuv was going to get a game. Hopefully it will just be rearranged rather than cancelled

Sadly I can't see Bury being able to fulfill this or any other fixtures TBH.

On 08/08/2019 at 17:11, Brooker11 said:

Sadly I can't see Bury being able to fulfill this or any other fixtures TBH.

So what happens if what you think actually does come about, do Wednesday just get a bye to the next round?

Yes, I think you'll get a bye. How much more time are Bury going to get?

Disgusting that the two money rich Manchester clubs cant step in with a few quid to save both bury and Bolton. Been there before when boro nearly went bust in 86..1st time l ever saw my late mom cry when we were saved at the last moment.

Every town needs a football club don't matter if they get 2000 or twenty thousand  fans ..Tell ye the people who run some of these clubs need a good shaking why don't they  think of the poor staff who are put on the dole...

Couldn't agree more Mooks. I realise being rescued may tempt some clubs to overcook things in the expectation that they too would be bailed out, but I reckon everything possible should be done to save these two clubs. I remember the public helping Wednesday in the past and I bunged some dosh in to help save Rotherham.

It's the fly by night incompetent owners who should be firstly, vetted and then closely monitored and, if need be, curtailed by the Authorities the minute things start to go belly up.

owls Given Bye Against Bury.

A lighthearted view...no offence meant.Better late than never.

Having gained promotion last season Bury seemed to have been on the up then the manager, Ryan Lowe, left to take over as manager at Plymouth. Lowe then went on to sign almost half the promoted Bury team. This,added to the financial goings on at Gigg Lane, it was quite evident The Shakers would be struggling this season. In the draw for the second round of the Carabao Cup Bury were drawn to play away at sheffield wednesday. Its a pity Bury were unable to fulfil the fixture because the money they'd have got from the 3000 gate could have helped them to partly pay the cleaners and programme sellers who have lost their employment at Bury. There was also the probability of Bury causing a minor (giant) killing, a shaking at Gillsborough with a win...possibly penalties.

I had seriously considered bunging some dosh in to help save Bury. If I had of done, I'd of asked for a receipt as proof that I had done so. That way my word couldn't have been doubted. Ah well, its too late now The Shakers are now sadly dead and Buryed. I believe the fatal mistake Bury made was that they didn't have an account with The Co-operative Bank.

Anyway, I spent some time thinking when the last time one of the Sheffield clubs had received a Bye. After seventeen wasted hours it finally dawned upon me, it had been staring me in the face all those hours...sheffield wednesday. The owls had received TWO BYES at the end of last season. It was when The Blades sealed promotion to the top league and Blades fans were heard to be singing and seen to be waving BYE BYE to the white and blue team who are not situated in the heart of the city.

Mind the gorge.

Mooks,

I don't remember Muddlesbrough stepping in with a few quid to help clubs such as Maidstone in the 90s, but I do remember them paying Fabrizio Ravanelli a fortune (42,000 per week?). Ya got a short memory ye have.

What a wonderful post ...............................................

Rotherham could at least afford a Certificate to acknowledge my donation.

There was no need to send me one, but I must admit, it was nice to receive it.

If I could OF done summat to help Bury, I would OF.

Thinking about it, I know now that I could OF,  I should OF,  and I would OF.

If I had done so, I would OF been really proud HAVE myself.

BTW, your lack HAVE capital letters, spelling HAVE Football Clubs,  and Stadia is awful, yet you managed Ravanelli ok?

How's this one for ya Padders!

Of you enjoyed it?

Edited by Hotmale 1954

On 14/10/2019 at 09:28, Hotmale 1954 said:

What a wonderful post ...............................................

Rotherham could at least afford a Certificate to acknowledge my donation.

There was no need to send me one, but I must admit, it was nice to receive it.

If I could OF done summat to help Bury, I would OF.

Thinking about it, I know now that I could OF,  I should OF,  and I would OF.

If I had done so, I would OF been really proud HAVE myself.

BTW, your lack HAVE capital letters, spelling HAVE Football Clubs,  and Stadia is awful, yet you managed Ravanelli ok?

How's this one for ya Padders!

Of you enjoyed it?

What a way to start the day of  :hihi:.

4 hours ago, Padders said:

What a way to start the day of  :hihi:.

I thought you might of had a laugh at this one.

I suspect plenty of people might of. :hihi: