Pully Retainer Nut 18 Mm

Hi I just bought a nu tool pillar drill second hand. The nut holding the pulley is missing, the outside dia is 18 mm, does anyone know where I can find a replacement. Thanks.

Edited by jameskidd@yahoo
Spelling

No, but have you tried to look on the manufacturer’s website for a workshop manual / parts list / exploded view or similar?

Williams Fasteners on Coleford Road will probably have an M18 nut, but check whether it's a standard 18mm thread type which is 2.5mm pitch (top of one thread to the next). If enough thread available,  Nyloc types are good which don't vibrate loose.

Edited by carosio

There’s a place in killamarsh that fixed my mates drill - powertech industrial.

There are plenty of M18 nuts on E   bay. Full nuts, half nuts; nylocks & stainless.

On 18/08/2019 at 21:37, jameskidd@yahoo said:

Hi I just bought a nu tool pillar drill second hand. The nut holding the pulley is missing, the outside dia is 18 mm, does anyone know where I can find a replacement. Thanks.

I would check the thread . It may be handed so that it doesn't unscrew when the machine is being used.

Good point kevvy, may not be R H thread.

Yes good point, although the pulley is most likely keyed to the shaft. Possibly could be an M18 fine thread which is 1.5mm pitch, so essential to identify exactly which it is before ordering.

It's a r/h thread and it's not keyed, its held on with a taper. The o/d is 18, 15mm. I ended up super gluing it and so far it's holding.  But I'm trying to find some one with a lathe to make me up a collar with a grub screw for extra hold.

I presume in your case that the nut should be holding the pulley onto its taper by force of the thread, so how can the same be achieved by a collar locked onto the end of the shaft in contact with the pulley?