Jump to content

Tories Plan To Raise The State Pension Age To 75

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Easily surely? 

 

Someone working 40 years a week may have only 20 hours of free time at the moment. Once they've stopped working 40 hours a week they'll have 60 hours of free time. That's trebled. 

Someone working 40 years a week isn't going to have any free time .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Longcol said:

Someone working 40 years a week isn't going to have any free time .

Haha yes quite. I meant hours, obviously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Haha yes quite. I meant hours, obviously. 

Quite - but going back to #21 the increase in free time doesn't need to equate to a similar increase in income.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Easily surely? 

 

Someone working 40 years a week may have only 20 hours of free time at the moment. Once they've stopped working 40 hours a week they'll have 60 hours of free time. That's trebled. 

Only a Tory would say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Quite - but going back to #21 the increase in free time doesn't need to equate to a similar increase in income.

It doesn't no. 

 

I was just making the point that it is entirely possible for someone's free time to double or treble once they've stopped working, which Mister Gee suggested wasn't possible. 

Edited by Robin-H

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, El Cid said:

I am just within that age range, its has been common sence for years that if people are living longer and the pension age will increase.

When the pension age of 65 was brought in, the average age of death was 58

 

So all those people that have seen their living standards rise over the last 25 years can start planning for their old age. People can actually retire at whatever age they choose, unless they are relying on others to support them. Some choose to carry on working and some like to retire early. I will no doubt carry on, I would prefer to be productive.

Who could cope with 20+ years of leisure or inactivity?

can i ask what type of employment you are in ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

can i ask what type of employment you are in ?

Whatever banjo mate, I hope he’s not working 40 years a week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Whatever banjo mate, I hope he’s not working 40 years a week?

Instead of focusing on my mistype, perhaps you'd explain why you don't think it's possible for someone's free time to double or treble once they've finished working? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I am limited by money when I am working 40 hours per week; if my free time was to double or treble, then my income would need to double or treble.

I won't be rude and ask if you have a lot of debt as it is your private business.

However, most of what I do costs very little-cycling, looking after  big gardens at home, bit of walking, cleaning the house, preparing meals, decent amount of time in bed, going online via phone, bit of TV,  visiting a friend , bit of stuff offline on pc, little projects at home outdoors, shopping for basic food. Sitting around drinking tea.

 I don't know how I used to find time to work-I must have moved faster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

Instead of focusing on my mistype, perhaps you'd explain why you don't think it's possible for someone's free time to double or treble once they've finished working? 

I’m unsure it was a whatever. Are you part of a Tory think tank that wants people working a forty year week? The Tories are evil.

Edited by Mister Gee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’m unsure it was a whatever. Are you part of a Tory think tank that wants people working a forty year week? The Tories are evil.

Whatever. 🙄 

 

I forget it's impossible to have a grown up discussion with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Robin-H said:

Whatever. 🙄 

 

I forget it's impossible to have a grown up discussion with you

Says the forty year a week geezer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.