Jump to content
We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Click here for details.

City Centre All Day Parking

Recommended Posts

Help me out!

 

I work in town near the Moor. I really do need to drive to work (young kids in school, might need to dash etc.) But parking is a nightmare.

 

I currently use Atkinsons but they’ve just bumped the day rate to £6 (£2 increase since Dec) and it’s just too much now.

 

Any suggestions of anywhere cheaper in the same area are greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a walk up Fargate but Gym membership at Royal Victoria is £60 a month and includes parking, 7 days a week. Where I work a few are members just for the parking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, redbig said:

Bit of a walk up Fargate but Gym membership at Royal Victoria is £60 a month and includes parking, 7 days a week. Where I work a few are members just for the parking

Cheaper than my current option! Thanks for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattenmurg said:

Help me out!

 

I work in town near the Moor. I really do need to drive to work (young kids in school, might need to dash etc.) But parking is a nightmare.

 

I currently use Atkinsons but they’ve just bumped the day rate to £6 (£2 increase since Dec) and it’s just too much now.

 

Any suggestions of anywhere cheaper in the same area are greatly appreciated.

Given the number of options, it might help to know which side of town you enter it from.

 

And which end of the moor (though less important)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

Given the number of options, it might help to know which side of town you enter it from.

 

And which end of the moor (though less important)

 

 

Coming from south east, S20. And bottom of the Moor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it not be cheaper to use the tram Park and Ride at Halfway, or even park somewhere say on Norfolk Park and travel in on the tram? Daysaver is only £4.20 but if you’re close to town could just pay the £1.80 singles each way (£3.60 in total). Or even get a Weeksaver for £14?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Michael_N said:

Would it not be cheaper to use the tram Park and Ride at Halfway, or even park somewhere say on Norfolk Park and travel in on the tram? Daysaver is only £4.20 but if you’re close to town could just pay the £1.80 singles each way (£3.60 in total). Or even get a Weeksaver for £14?

I really need to drive all the way in. I used to use the tram but it would not get me in on time with school runs etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mattenmurg said:

Help me out!

 

I work in town near the Moor. I really do need to drive to work (young kids in school, might need to dash etc.) But parking is a nightmare.

 

I currently use Atkinsons but they’ve just bumped the day rate to £6 (£2 increase since Dec) and it’s just too much now.

 

Any suggestions of anywhere cheaper in the same area are greatly appreciated.

Bank Park at Milton St and behind Decathlon are quite cheap.

 

I'd look at parking just outside the permit parking zone and walk in. Maybe look at area round Olive Grove Road / Slate St. There are free parking spots within the Highfield permit parking zone (Area between Queens Rd and London Rd) if you have a look, but they tend to fill up early. Also there are 10 hour parking bays in that zone which cost £2.80 for the day, but again, tend to fill up fairly early. Bottom of East Bank Rd near Sheffield College is free but again fills up early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have parking available near Eccleshall Road, Pomona Street - £16 per week - PM me for details.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

use Victoria keys parking next to the canal basement £3 all day flat fee coin only. I come in from Halfway area

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are cheap privately owned pay & display car parks in the Kelham Island area (Bridge Street). Bit of a hike to Moorfoot but there are regular buses (81/82/83/88) for the days you don't fancy the walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.justpark.com/

 

Try Justpark, a friend of mine uses it to find spaces where people with a drive rent it out, I think rjmahan was pointing out, there might be a few  round where you need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.