City Centre All Day Parking

Help me out!

I work in town near the Moor. I really do need to drive to work (young kids in school, might need to dash etc.) But parking is a nightmare.

I currently use Atkinsons but they’ve just bumped the day rate to £6 (£2 increase since Dec) and it’s just too much now.

Any suggestions of anywhere cheaper in the same area are greatly appreciated.

Bit of a walk up Fargate but Gym membership at Royal Victoria is £60 a month and includes parking, 7 days a week. Where I work a few are members just for the parking

24 minutes ago, redbig said:

Bit of a walk up Fargate but Gym membership at Royal Victoria is £60 a month and includes parking, 7 days a week. Where I work a few are members just for the parking

Cheaper than my current option! Thanks for that.

1 hour ago, Mattenmurg said:

Help me out!

I work in town near the Moor. I really do need to drive to work (young kids in school, might need to dash etc.) But parking is a nightmare.

I currently use Atkinsons but they’ve just bumped the day rate to £6 (£2 increase since Dec) and it’s just too much now.

Given the number of options, it might help to know which side of town you enter it from.

And which end of the moor (though less important)

1 hour ago, *_ash_* said:

Given the number of options, it might help to know which side of town you enter it from.

And which end of the moor (though less important)

Coming from south east, S20. And bottom of the Moor.

Would it not be cheaper to use the tram Park and Ride at Halfway, or even park somewhere say on Norfolk Park and travel in on the tram? Daysaver is only £4.20 but if you’re close to town could just pay the £1.80 singles each way (£3.60 in total). Or even get a Weeksaver for £14?

9 hours ago, Michael_N said:

Would it not be cheaper to use the tram Park and Ride at Halfway, or even park somewhere say on Norfolk Park and travel in on the tram? Daysaver is only £4.20 but if you’re close to town could just pay the £1.80 singles each way (£3.60 in total). Or even get a Weeksaver for £14?

I really need to drive all the way in. I used to use the tram but it would not get me in on time with school runs etc.

13 hours ago, Mattenmurg said:

Help me out!

Bank Park at Milton St and behind Decathlon are quite cheap.

I'd look at parking just outside the permit parking zone and walk in. Maybe look at area round Olive Grove Road / Slate St. There are free parking spots within the Highfield permit parking zone (Area between Queens Rd and London Rd) if you have a look, but they tend to fill up early. Also there are 10 hour parking bays in that zone which cost £2.80 for the day, but again, tend to fill up fairly early. Bottom of East Bank Rd near Sheffield College is free but again fills up early.

I have parking available near Eccleshall Road, Pomona Street - £16 per week - PM me for details.

use Victoria keys parking next to the canal basement £3 all day flat fee coin only. I come in from Halfway area

There are cheap privately owned pay & display car parks in the Kelham Island area (Bridge Street). Bit of a hike to Moorfoot but there are regular buses (81/82/83/88) for the days you don't fancy the walk.

https://www.justpark.com/

Try Justpark, a friend of mine uses it to find spaces where people with a drive rent it out, I think rjmahan was pointing out, there might be a few  round where you need.