Sheffield Fishing Venues Help

hi,I am just getting back into fishing with my son and want to get him into it.Does anyone know of any ponds/lakes that we can fish within the Sheffield area? Whatever day ticket price is fine.Thanks

Which part of Sheffield are you in?  North Sheffield day ticket waters include Ecclesfield dam, Westwood, Newbiggin, Loxley fishery + Mill dam. I don't fish the south of the city but I know Aston Park, Carterhall and Kiveton waters. If Horseshoe fishery at Wales is still open, the silverfish lake is ideal for someone starting out.

Some tackle shops stock a book called Fish It which is a good source of information.

If you fancy small carp then Kiveton Waters is  fishing well. 5 quid a day and fish can be caught short with simple pellets, fish average 2lb to 3lb with plenty a little bigger, up to 8lb. That's in Eves, Linda's has good Tench and silvers with Carp, Roses is the main match which holds mostly carp with loads of fish. Method or bomb and pellet or pellet short wins a lot of matches. Matches are mostly Saturdays and Sundays, all ponds are mostly pleasure mid week.

Have a word with Jonny at 6am tackle he's the owner, he knows his stuff and can tell you the best pond for you and how to tackle it.

Loads of easy silvers fishing in pond 4 at Aston Springs, also Crucians. Pellet or caster is a decent bait on there.  Maggot will get bites from the hoard of Gudgeon, a good fish for young anglers to learn with. Caster up in the water will get Roach after Roach with Skimmers and the odd carp. Crucians are best targeted with micro pellets and expanders. 

Other ponds at Aston are Aston Park, and it's fishing great, not surprising the amount of fish that are loaded into the waters there. There is one particular pond that is geared for junior/new anglers, that is totally stuffed with small chub at the moment that's Alicia's, maggot or caster is the bait. Easy fishing for teaching kids with a bite every put in.

The tackle shop at Aston will give you up to date information on how to get you bites on all their ponds and which peg to fish.

The only bad thing with Aston is the road in, it's full of bomb hole craters that are only getting worse. 

Edited by Mr Hinks

There are so many places to fish within the Sheffield area it would help to know where abouts you would be looking. Prices vary from venue to venue from free to about a  fiver or so.