Blades Can Dominate For Years - Wilder

On 18/08/2019 at 22:49, redbig said:

Not much ambition if all he wants to do is be top dogs in Sheffield. Hows about looking up not down. ?

I think you will find we are top dogs in Yorkshire and soon in the whole of the north east and still going forward like we have done for the last three years.I do not think Wilder has finished yet.

15 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Bramall Lane isn't a great deal better and is in some ways worse so I wouldn't harp on too much.

My theory is that if Premier League status is achieved (it might, it might not) a new ground would definitely be the way forward, at the moment he'd rather invest in the playing side for obvious reasons.

You are not serious are you ?The only thing wrong with the Lane is before not to long it will not be big enough.

38 minutes ago, Michael_W said:

He plays up to his Blades fan mates, and they are still obsessed with Wednesday, they could dominate for years, I still can't imagine the trophy cabinet dust needing to be shifted anytime soon though, as for the ground argument Bramall Lane was a cricket ground United all but inherited it, Wednesday built their own and moved away from the S2 area to give the little club a chance !

Wednesday fans are absolutely hating it aren't they, the bitterness here is fantastic! 😂 

For anyone alive today, a league cup is what separates our two clubs in terms of silverware, and even that was 28 years ago! Imagine if one of our clubs actually won a trophy or two (unlikely I know), whoever did would be miles ahead in terms of success straight away! 

Edited by Moistened

1 minute ago, Moistened said:

Wednesday fans are absolutely hating it aren't they, the bitterness here is fantastic! 😂 

For anyone alive today, a league cup is what separates our two clubs in terms of silverware, and even that was 27 years ago! Imagine if one of our clubs actually won a trophy or two (unlikely I know), whoever did would be miles ahead in terms of success straight away! 

To be honest I don't think most are bothered either way, the same digs and banter go back and forth whichever division your in. The League Cup, a play off final, an FA cup final appearance, more seasons in the top flight and winning the biggest ever derby could be added into the mix I suppose.

10 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

To be honest I don't think most are bothered either way, the same digs and banter go back and forth whichever division your in. The League Cup, a play off final, an FA cup final appearance, more seasons in the top flight and winning the biggest ever derby could be added into the mix I suppose.

Again, only one of those is an actual real victory. Being better than the other isn't really a measure of success, as has been said by your own in this very thread. If the Blades spend five or six years floating around 9th-17th in the Premier League without winning anything, then there's nothing really worth bragging about after it's all done. 

2 minutes ago, Moistened said:

Again, only one of those is an actual real victory. Being better than the other isn't really a measure of success, as has been said by your own in this very thread. If the Blades spend five or six years floating around 9th-17th in the Premier League without winning anything, then there's nothing really worth bragging about after it's all done. 

There's plenty of bragging at the moment and I'd rather have had those times than not had them, the League Cup run and final. the Wembley derby and the play off final in Cardiff were three momentous days, you cant take those memories away.

2 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

There's plenty of bragging at the moment and I'd rather have had those times than not had them, the League Cup run and final. the Wembley derby and the play off final in Cardiff were three momentous days, you cant take those memories away.

Yes it is a pity a lot of fans are to young or were not born to remember it.To them the Owls have always struggled our young fans are living a dream .Not being in the Prem for is it 20 years must be in their eyes a feeling of failure they would have to be around 25 years of age for any of them to remember the top flight .In the mean time thier only enjoyment is listening to the old timers going on about it .A bit like uncle Albert in only fools and horses DURING THE WAR .No wonder their seems to be more and more youngsters turning up at the Lane.At last they are watching brilliant football at the very top level without having to listen to all the uncle Alberts out there and witnessing football THEY are loving so they in years to come can become uncle Alberts when talking to their kids and grand kids.What a pity the young'uns at Sheff 6 will have nothing to remember during the last 20 years.

42 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Yes it is a pity a lot of fans are to young or were not born to remember it.To them the Owls have always struggled our young fans are living a dream .Not being in the Prem for is it 20 years must be in their eyes a feeling of failure they would have to be around 25 years of age for any of them to remember the top flight .In the mean time thier only enjoyment is listening to the old timers going on about it .A bit like uncle Albert in only fools and horses DURING THE WAR .No wonder their seems to be more and more youngsters turning up at the Lane.At last they are watching brilliant football at the very top level without having to listen to all the uncle Alberts out there and witnessing football THEY are loving so they in years to come can become uncle Alberts when talking to their kids and grand kids.What a pity the young'uns at Sheff 6 will have nothing to remember during the last 20 years.

If this nonsense were true there'd be no fans of clubs outside the top half of the Premier League, I bet Bury and Bolton fans can't wait for there respective clubs to go to the wall so they don't have to suffer more years of not winning anything. 🙄

On 20/08/2019 at 10:20, Ridgewalk said:

« All he wants is to be top dog in Sheffield » well that’s been easy for him. If that’s the limit of his ambition I wonder how he’s managed to martial the troops into the Prem League. ?

You sound like you know him ?

Nope don't know him from Adam, it's his own words, he wants to be top dog. I'd be worrying about the premier league, not Wednesday. We're well short of getting there, probably as far away as we were when Chansiri took over. So again, i'm not sure why he would focus on us

3 hours ago, redbig said:

Nope don't know him from Adam, it's his own words, he wants to be top dog. I'd be worrying about the premier league, not Wednesday. We're well short of getting there, probably as far away as we were when Chansiri took over. So again, i'm not sure why he would focus on us

He achieved that in his second season with us, Wilder is a winner and won't stop at simply being better than Wednesday. If that was the case, he'd have been content with finishing above them in the Championship. 

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Edited by Moistened

5 hours ago, Moistened said:

He achieved that in his second season with us, Wilder is a winner and won't stop at simply being better than Wednesday. If that was the case, he'd have been content with finishing above them in the Championship. 

But, whatever helps you sleep at night. 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Hey i'm just reacting to his story. Not sure a wednesday manager would say that ?

3 hours ago, redbig said:

Hey i'm just reacting to his story. Not sure a wednesday manager would say that ?

I wouldn't expect any Wednesday manager to say that, unless he was a Wednesday fan. 

6 hours ago, Moistened said:

I wouldn't expect any Wednesday manager to say that, unless he was a Wednesday fan. 

Even if he was. I think Megson kissed his badge at the lane once when Madine had just scored but that's about it.