Blades Can Dominate For Years - Wilder

9 hours ago, Moistened said:

Not of that matters when Wednesday were half decent in the 80's though. 😂 

You are a card 😂

Careful they’re a sensitive lot. Anyone seen Bash ?

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

You were doing quite well up to the “modern, up to date stadium” bit, when was the last time you went 1976?

Neither club has anything to shout about stadium wise except both are better than the soulless concrete bowls that pass as grounds these days.

Actually BramallLane is a terrific ground.

19 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Wilder's done a fantastic job but he needs to drop this sort of thing now, trying to appeal to "Bladesmen" too much.

Let's face it though, he's in his dream jobs.  No matter how hard he tries he's always going to be fan first, manager second. 

He probably still can't believe he's in charge. 

Edited by Baron99

Not much ambition if all he wants to do is be top dogs in Sheffield. Hows about looking up not down. ?

Anyone actually read the article and not just the title, or does that require a level of intelligence that we can't possibly expect? 😂 

On 17/08/2019 at 10:12, nikki-red said:

Lovely misleading article title :rolleyes:

It actually says hes 'challenged his players to dominate the Steel City for years to come.'  Along with 'I want' and 'Hopefully'.

Nowhere does it say we CAN dominate for years!

We have dominated for the last two seasons why should we not carry this on

On 17/08/2019 at 13:20, ALAN 58 said:

Who mentioned money,  We have the money ask DC.

Why does he not get the ground painted then?  It is an eyesore

27 minutes ago, barry-333 said:

Like i say ask him.

6 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Bramall Lane isn't a great deal better and is in some ways worse so I wouldn't harp on too much.

My theory is that if Premier League status is achieved (it might, it might not) a new ground would definitely be the way forward, at the moment he'd rather invest in the playing side for obvious reasons.

1 hour ago, Brooker11 said:

Bramall Lane isn't a great deal better and is in some ways worse so I wouldn't harp on too much.

My theory is that if Premier League status is achieved (it might, it might not) a new ground would definitely be the way forward, at the moment he'd rather invest in the playing side for obvious reasons.

In what way??

25 minutes ago, Longy67 said:

In what way??

Not sure what Hillsborough is like, but the facilities on the kop at the Lane are pretty dire. I can't imagine theirs is worse. 

Apart from that I'd be struggling. 

8 hours ago, Longy67 said:

In what way??

The South Stand at Hillsborough is better than any part of Bramall Lane, the exec boxes are better, the Kop is better, North Stand and your equivalent are about the same and both away ends are very poor with ours being the worse of the two. Just because the bit you drive past and mostly see on Penistone Rd looks faded doesn’t blight the whole ground.

As I said earlier neither club has much to shout about ground wise.

On 18/08/2019 at 22:49, redbig said:

Not much ambition if all he wants to do is be top dogs in Sheffield. Hows about looking up not down. ?

« All he wants is to be top dog in Sheffield » well that’s been easy for him. If that’s the limit of his ambition I wonder how he’s managed to martial the troops into the Prem League. ?

You sound like you know him ?

Edited by Ridgewalk

He plays up to his Blades fan mates, and they are still obsessed with Wednesday, they could dominate for years, I still can't imagine the trophy cabinet dust needing to be shifted anytime soon though, as for the ground argument Bramall Lane was a cricket ground United all but inherited it, Wednesday built their own and moved away from the S2 area to give the little club a chance !