Recommend Support Provider

It’s been a long while since I last posted anything on this forum.  Not that everything’s been running smoothly on the contrary.

I’ve just returned back home  an hour ago after spending hours trying  to calm him down, which is happening more frequently of late.  His new support worker  had a confrontation  with him, he started yelling, throwing anything in sight.   My son is a tall gentle lad, he wouldn’t harm anyone, things have  became too overwhelming for him,   this situation is causing us no end of stress,  It  is affecting both my  son and my heath and mental heath state.  I get home feeling upset, drained and helpless worrying about my son endlessly.  

To cut a long story short.  My son lives alone  in a flat supported 24/7 .   He can be challenging when provoked and in unfamiliar situations . He   had started  to improve  until many of his support workers had left for one reason or another,  story of our lives it seems to be the norm these days.  Over the past year things have gotten from bad to worst. ......     My son struggles to cope with the wave of all the new support workers he has,  he doesn’t know who will turn up  to support him from  one day to the next that’s confusing enough, they don’t really know him well and constantly getting his support wrong.     When I try to raise anything with their manager it’s to no avail.   The Manager sides with his staff, they all are quite protective and guarded I’m finding it becoming more and more difficult to speak up. 

Maybe be it’s time I should to find a new support providers, I’m  really unsure of what to do  ????   I know many  companies  are struggling to recruit but thats  no excuse.   I would appreciate  all your suggestions and recommendations. 

Edited by Jomail

Did you manage to resolve/improve the situation?  Does the care/support have to be provided by an agency?  Could you use the funds from the council to employ 3 or 4 PAs who could share the role and, hopefully be around for the longer haul?