Blades Are Now Cashless.

21 hours ago, petcharlie said:

TOTALLY BARMY Never thought I would see the day when people would not accept money .How do kids go on and the older end that will not have credit cards or debit cards? Having a pint on credit or a packet of crisps bonkers😕

The bonus, if you only have cash is that you'll not be able to purchase one of the Blades, Longdog hotdogs.  I had one once.  I don't know what animal the meat came from?   It tasted of pork but I was pulling bits of feather & fish scales out of my mouth for ages. 

I do take your point about some supporters not having cards.  How old do you have to be before a bank to will give you a card?  16?

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

The bonus, if you only have cash is that you'll not be able to purchase one of the Blades, Longdog hotdogs.  I had one once.  I don't know what animal the meat came from?   It tasted of pork but I was pulling bits of feather & fish scales out of my mouth for ages. 

I do take your point about some supporters not having cards.  How old do you have to be before a bank to will give you a card?  16?

Hi Baron regarding how old you need to be for a debit or credit card I really do not know.As for the hot dog thanks for the warning.Do you think there was a bit of Owl in it?There was talk of the owls going into fish farming.😁as for the pork I shall leave that one.

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Most cards are contactless now so no need for remembering PIN number.

My debit card is still pin only just the way I like it.No chance of anyone getting hold of it spending 30 quid here there and everywhere before you get the chance to stop it.Do not want contactless thankyou it is just another form of banking just waiting to go pear shaped.

4 hours ago, cmonkes said:

A percentage of punters will find themselves hard done by in this initiative, none the less. The only solution being to keep one cash only till open per stand, just to ensure that all fans are being catered for.

That makes a lot of sense to me.As I said in my post to Charlie, I still like to have readies on hand just in case, example if I use my card in the pub, I always have the cash on hand in case there is a problem. Why not just use the cash in the first place? Usually because I am low and don't want to go to a bank machine in a hurry.

Edited by Ontarian1981

4 hours ago, chris101 said:

Be fun when the system goes down.

Why, it won't affect the gate receipts and surely folks can manage an hour and a half without a snack, if that should happen. Smokers have to do without, and I am sure nobody will starve to death.If there is a problem , the club lose revenue, well that is their problem,they instigated the cashless system.

17 minutes ago, Moistened said:

The future is now old men. 

Go and play son. 🤐

4 hours ago, Moistened said:

The future is now old men. 

Well it certainly is not common sense.

42 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Well it certainly is not common sense.

One kiosk will still be open for cash purchases, so you'll be fine. 

Cashless is so widespread now that a serious outage would be a disaster and in fairness unlikely to last very long imo.

People were putting about the same scare stories when debit cards first got popular. 

11 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Cashless is so widespread now that a serious outage would be a disaster and in fairness unlikely to last very long imo.

People were putting about the same scare stories when debit cards first got popular. 

But it is BDTBL we're talking about.  I remember an early January, Saturday morning game a few years back against SWFC.  The weather was freezing, gale blowing, about -5.  Go for a Bovril at h/t & was one of the first in the queue, only to be told that, "We've run out of hot water but you can have a Coke out of the fridge." 

Edited by Baron99

7 hours ago, Baron99 said:

But it is BDTBL we're talking about.  I remember an early January, Saturday morning game a few years back against SWFC.  The weather was freezing, gale blowing, about -5.  Go for a Bovril at h/t & was one of the first in the queue, only to be told that, "We've run out of hot water but you can have a Coke out of the fridge." 

You should have said "Add a complimentary double shots of rum and we have a deal" :thumbsup: