Blades Are Now Cashless.

Don't get too excited down Hillsborough way! 

Just a reminder to anyone going to the Lane this season & wanting food & drink, you can only buy with your debit / credit cards.  No money will be accepted. 

It's apparently to speed things up. 

11 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

And to save money on security, cash handling and banking costs. 😉

40 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Don't get too excited down Hillsborough way! 

Just a reminder to anyone going to the Lane this season & wanting food & drink, you can only buy with your debit / credit cards.  No money will be accepted. 

Been cashless at Hillsborough for two seasons, keep up.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

And to save money on security, cash handling and banking costs. 😉

TOTALLY BARMY Never thought I would see the day when people would not accept money .How do kids go on and the older end that will not have credit cards or debit cards? Having a pint on credit or a packet of crisps bonkers😕

Been in London this  week cashless is everywhere including the bus and tube where you can’t pay by cash and most people pay by card at the bar.

Personally  I prefer it as it’s fast and saves having pockets full of charge.

Can see it taking hold very quickly read  an article on Sweden recently where some of the large cities are rapidly becoming totally cashless. 

It is a great way to run up debt I suppose kids have to go without.Being able to spend when you are skint makes good sense😟I don't think.

3 hours ago, petcharlie said:

TOTALLY BARMY Never thought I would see the day when people would not accept money .How do kids go on and the older end that will not have credit cards or debit cards? Having a pint on credit or a packet of crisps bonkers😕

I'm not sure it will save that much time anyway, card payments can be just as time consuming and like you say what about kids or elderly that don't have cards or prefer cash.

Never paid with card at Hillsborough so doesn't bother me but be interesting to see if it effected sales much

4 hours ago, petcharlie said:

It makes perfect sense. It makes the queues move much more quickly. 

I’d guess that most kids will be with parents anyway. Those who aren’t are probably old enough to have a bank account . In any case,  going pieless at half time won’t hurt the average teenager.

I just give mine a card to pay for their stuff, whilst I pay for a pint with a different card.

2 hours ago, petcharlie said:

It is a great way to run up debt I suppose kids have to go without.Being able to spend when you are skint makes good sense😟I don't think.

Debit cards are cash, it doesn't have to be a credit card. Don't worry about the "kids" they all do it anyways, teenagers with accounts that is. My wife and daughters hardly ever use cash for anything. I am getting there but still like to have a few bob in the old sky rocket. :nod:

12 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Debit cards are cash, it doesn't have to be a credit card. Don't worry about the "kids" they all do it anyways, teenagers with accounts that is. My wife and daughters hardly ever use cash for anything. I am getting there but still like to have a few bob in the old sky rocket. :nod:

And what about kids who do not have cards?There is a sure way of knowing how much you can spend and not spend say in a week and that is being able to count your cash in your pocket without having to think now did I buy this that and the other on monday what did i spend on Saturday .I also do not agree with it will be quicker the times I have had to wait behind some one because they are having trouble remembering the pin number or the transaction as not gone through because of one thing or the other while I am there with my money in my hand waiting to pay.

You say debit cards are cash i am well aware of that but you can not count cash you have to spend .It is all well and good saying you can go to a cash till to check your balance cash tills are become rare and when we are all reliant on the few that remain they will start to charge you to get to YOUR cash or any other trans action you may want to use it for.

Another thing to remember there are people out there who do not have bank accounts what so ever or is it a case of I'm all right Jack.People should have a choice of how they spend their money and the way they pay which suits them best and not be dictated to by organisations .If they can not be bothered to take my cash I will gladly go else where to spend it .I will always find someone who will take it I will not beg anyone to take my money,there are plenty of other places only to willing to accept it.From now on I will buy what I want outside the stadium before I go in and have my pint before I go in. 

I must also explain I do have a credit card and debit card but I only use them in emergency or if I am buying an expensive item not a packet of crisps that way I know exactly what there is in my account and what goes out of it that way I remain debt free as I always have been.No overdraft charges and no credit card bills and no worries.

24 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

And what about kids who do not have cards?There is a sure way of knowing how much you can spend and not spend say in a week and that is being able to count your cash in your pocket without having to think now did I buy this that and the other on monday what did i spend on Saturday .I also do not agree with it will be quicker the times I have had to wait behind some one because they are having trouble remembering the pin number or the transaction as not gone through because of one thing or the other while I am there with my money in my hand waiting to pay.

You say debit cards are cash i am well aware of that but you can not count cash you have to spend .It is all well and good saying you can go to a cash till to check your balance cash tills are become rare and when we are all reliant on the few that remain they will start to charge you to get to YOUR cash or any other trans action you may want to use it for.

Another thing to remember there are people out there who do not have bank accounts what so ever or is it a case of I'm all right Jack.People should have a choice of how they spend their money and the way they pay which suits them best and not be dictated to by organisations .If they can not be bothered to take my cash I will gladly go else where to spend it .I will always find someone who will take it I will not beg anyone to take my money,there are plenty of other places only to willing to accept it.From now on I will buy what I want outside the stadium before I go in and have my pint before I go in. 

I must also explain I do have a credit card and debit card but I only use them in emergency or if I am buying an expensive item not a packet of crisps that way I know exactly what there is in my account and what goes out of it that way I remain debt free as I always have been.No overdraft charges and no credit card bills and no worries.

Most cards are contactless now so no need for remembering PIN number.