Go East Anglia Suspends Homophobic Bus Driver

2 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Because some people are completely obsessed with muslims.

Very weird.

Indeed, sad Really

9 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Very weird.

Well said.

48 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Very weird.

oh for goodness sake, not muslim then a jewish driver , same point sorry.

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

There is no point that you are making - why are you talking about Jews or Muslims? What religion was the bus driver?

Edited by makapaka

6 hours ago, altus said:

Everyone is entitled to have principles and refuse to take employment that requires them to do something they find offensive to those principles.

Thaks for correcting my "principals" without actually pointing it out.It was already past my bedtime when I said my piece.Lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

4 hours ago, Pettytom said:

That’s absolutely fine.

As long as he sticks to those principles and goes to find a job that is consistent with them.

This guy may have been a bus driver for many years , possibly before this gay pride thing took off. He could also be deeply reigious and did not want any part in promoting something that was at cross purposes to his beliefs.

I mentioned muslim in my earlier post to emphasise my point as they are noted for taking a dim view of homosexuality and as Makapaka pointed out, they are always the favourite whipping boy. However, in reality all religions decry it.

I don't think the bus company has a leg to stand on if the guy proves to have strong religious beliefs.

As a supervisor I was often told by a labour lawyer. "That a worker under my supervision could only refuse an assignment if it was unsafe, illegal or against his religious beliefs."

Edited by Ontarian1981

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

What was the point?

Apart from revealing more about you than you intended to.

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

Very weird.

You certainly come across as one yourself.

As for the post, much to do about nowt, driver out, another driver in and problem solved. Sack him, suspend him who cares. But that would not satisfy the professional snowflake moan about anything moaner would it, they require blood.

Angel1.

6 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

You certainly come across as one yourself.

As for the post, much to do about nowt, driver out, another driver in and problem solved. Sack him, suspend him who cares. But that would not satisfy the professional snowflake moan about anything moaner would it, they require blood.

Angel1.

If I had been sat on that bus (a ghastly thought on it's own frankly) waiting for anew driver I'd have been rather annoyed.

11 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

This guy may have been a bus driver for many years , possibly before this gay pride thing took off. He could also be deeply reigious and did not want any part in promoting something that was at cross purposes to his beliefs.

I mentioned muslim in my earlier post to emphasise my point as they are noted for taking a dim view of homosexuality and as Makapaka pointed out, they are always the favourite whipping boy. However, in reality all religions decry it.

I don't think the bus company has a leg to stand on if the guy proves to have strong religious beliefs.

As a supervisor I was often told by a labour lawyer. "That a worker under my supervision could only refuse an assignment if it was unsafe, illegal or against his religious beliefs."

The bloke’s job is to drive the bus.

If he can’t do that, he needs to get a new job.

He might also like to try entering the 21st century.

57 minutes ago, makapaka said:

There is no point that you are making - why are you talking about Jews or Muslims? What religion was the bus driver?

i have no idea but most religions find homosexuality distasteful and is not part of their beliefs , he was expressing his right not to work, just like some people refuse to serve alcohol????? me i dont care a jot what people want to do apart from  the continuous stream of Pride this Pride that!! fed up of seeing it on many different occasions. get over yourselves

10 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

i have no idea but most religions find homosexuality distasteful and is not part of their beliefs , he was expressing his right not to work, just like some people refuse to serve alcohol????? me i dont care a jot what people want to do apart from  the continuous stream of Pride this Pride that!! fed up of seeing it on many different occasions. get over yourselves

So. You don’t care what people do. As long as you , personally, agree with what they do.

That’s very broad minded  of you.