Go East Anglia Suspends Homophobic Bus Driver

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

How do you know what takes place at many gay pride events? Been to many have you?

'Young kids looking on in disbelief and horror', like you're concerned with their welfare 🙄. Why would they be looking on in disbelief / horror? Unless they've been brainwashed by morons who think that enjoying yourself is a mortal sin.

I think you need counselling.

They're a troll. Take no notice. 

3 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I am so angry that people see it acceptable to excuse all manner of bullying on the generation they belong to.

Can we drop the "One of my best friends friend is..." stuff and move on.

We of our generations, bullied people for their weaknesses and differences-no excuse, I was part of that.

I don't want understanding or forgiveness, I was wrong-we were wrong.

I can't go back and change that but I can stand up now.

On the bus, street, pub, forum, politics, whatever, do not accept the bullies or those who create bullies. 

I have been bullied when I was young, but never bullied anyone in my life, please speak for yourself. Also, I never said "my best friends friend is". Please use the facility to quote me or don't bother at all.. Maybe you should keep your anger to yourself ,as none of your rant applies to me.

19 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I have been bullied when I was young, but never bullied anyone in my life, please speak for yourself. Also, I never said "my best friends friend is". Please use the facility to quote me or don't bother at all.. Maybe you should keep your anger to yourself ,as none of your rant applies to me.

The term "bullying" has evolved.

I would use it to describe repeated behaviour which is intended to harm someone emotionally or physically.

We at some time, called people names, made comments about their appearance, their apparent weaknesses or differences, snide remarks, ignored, ganged up on,  and joined in deliberately to make someones life a misery at some point.

Didn't we share the jokes and observations and giggle about the difference, caricature of races and religions or the misfortune of others? After all we were just repeating what was in the media, on stage or said in the pub.

When did you last tell an "Irish joke" or its Canadian equivalent?

Expressions of the type "In my generation...", "One of my best friends friend is..." (not quotes) should no longer be acceptable as explanations or absolve us of past deeds.

Whats done is done, move on, it's our actions now that count.

The bickering, personal comments and insinuations can stop now.

Discuss the topic, not each other or the thread will be closed.

54 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

The term "bullying" has evolved.

I would use it to describe repeated behaviour which is intended to harm someone emotionally or physically.

We at some time, called people names, made comments about their appearance, their apparent weaknesses or differences, snide remarks, ignored, ganged up on,  and joined in deliberately to make someones life a misery at some point.

Didn't we share the jokes and observations and giggle about the difference, caricature of races and religions or the misfortune of others? After all we were just repeating what was in the media, on stage or said in the pub.

When did you last tell an "Irish joke" or its Canadian equivalent?

Expressions of the type "In my generation...", "One of my best friends friend is..." (not quotes) should no longer be acceptable as explanations or absolve us of past deeds.

Whats done is done, move on, it's our actions now that count.

I'm sorry but your demons are wasted on me. I did none of those things you mention, in fact I was the recipient in some of those things you are flaggelating yourself for. My mother was a single mother around the end of WW1 and the other kids let me know it. They knew I had no dad or big brother to help me out, so I was , in fact a victim of bullying not a participant , like you just confessed to.

By the way the best Irish jokes were the ones my father in law told me, oh I should just mention he was an Irishman.RIP.

Edited by Ontarian1981

2 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I am so angry that people see it acceptable to excuse all manner of bullying on the generation they belong to.

That is a very important point.

I know lots of people in their 60’s and 70’s who don’t have a racist, homophobic or misogynist bone in their bodies. I have no doubt that there are people in their 80’s and 90’s who are the same. Growing up in the 40’s and 50’s didn’t automatically make you bigoted. You chose to be bigoted.

The fact that everyone else around you was, does not excuse it.

11 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I'm sorry but your demons are wasted on me. I did none of those things you mention, in fact I was the recipient in some of those things you are flaggelating yourself for. My mother was a single mother around the end of WW1 and the other kids let me know it. They knew I had no dad or big brother to help me out, so I was , in fact a victim of bullying not a participant , like you just confessed to.

Congratulations on your centenary.

10 decades have passed since WW1 so it's way, way too far back for most of us know anything about.

Which group(s) was the subject of most abuse then?

1 minute ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Congratulations on your centenary.

10 decades have passed since WW1 so it's way, way too far back for most of us know anything about.

Which group(s) was the subject of most abuse then?

Lol , nice pick up on my typo.Guess that shows you had no other amunition.

21 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Lol , nice pick up on my typo.Guess that shows you had no other amunition.

Apart from the factual inaccuracy of your post?

Many of us have gleaned plenty of ammunition from your intolerant posts in the last few days. Let’s all be entirely clear about that 

6 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Apart from the factual inaccuracy of your post?

Many of us have gleaned plenty of ammunition from your intolerant posts in the last few days. Let’s all be entirely clear about that 

Intolerant? That's a good one coming from you.lol

Here you are answering my reply to another poster.

It's like you and a few others are cloned.lol

On 14/08/2019 at 22:20, Top Cats Hat said:

In this post-Trump, Post-Brexit world, it’s good to see an employer taking swift action against yet another employee who thinks his deluded views should be imposed on everyone else.

“Norwich bus driver suspended after he 'refused' to drive Pride bus” 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-49343412

Equally, you could say an employer who think their views should be imposed on the driver and the public at large. 

Just now, Penistone999 said:

Equally, you could say an employer who think their views should be imposed on the driver and the public at large. 

The view that should be impressed upon the bus driver is that he should drive the bus.

Regardless of the colour of the number on the bus.