Go East Anglia Suspends Homophobic Bus Driver

Guest makapaka
40 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

i guess thats what he was and didnt want to drive it!

So you think he was a Christian - who therefore refused to drive it on religious principle - and instead of just condemning that you drew a comparision with muslims and bacon?

Even though muslims and bacon have nothing to do with the story?

Don't you think that's strange?

42 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

There is not enough information in the story.We don't know how long this driver has been employed by this bus company. He may have may years service and an exemplary work record for all we know. He could have simply been repulsed by being seen driving the bus with pride overtures on the side, especially if he was a religious man.

As for entering the 21st century, I was already in my mid 50s at that point in time and seen a few things, how old were you in 2000 AD , I wonder?

There is plenty of detail in the story. His job is to drive a bus. He refused because the number was rainbow coloured.  That’s not acceptable.

If he can’t do his job, he needs a new one.

No need for the personal stuff, by the way. It doesn’t reflect well upon you.

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

.We don't know how long this driver has been employed by this bus company. 

It’s irrelevant.

He may have may years service and an exemplary work record for all we know.

That’s irrelevant.

42 minutes ago, makapaka said:

So you think he was a Christian - who therefore refused to drive it on religious principle - and instead of just condemning that you drew a comparision with muslims and bacon?

Don't you think that's strange?

Bait and switch, its what they do best, cant agree? switch the story around so you can, ye olde SF right wing ploy ;)

49 minutes ago, makapaka said:

It’s a pretty dumb comparison to make anyway as it’s not as if Muslims don’t believe in bacon. They just think it comes from an unclean animal and refrain from eating it. I doubt that any Muslim bus driver, however devout, would have a problem with a Danish bacon ad on the side of their bus.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

There is plenty of detail in the story. His job is to drive a bus. He refused because the number was rainbow coloured.  That’s not acceptable.

If he can’t do his job, he needs a new one.

No need for the personal stuff, by the way. It doesn’t reflect well upon you.

You commented that the guy should enter the 21st century. The reason I got, as you say, personal was to emphasise that older generations are not always as tolerant as the younger set who have grown up with acceptance of homosexuality.Add religion into the mix and you have potential for a showdown when the rock meets the hard place.

I am only doing a hypothetical scenario btw, the driver could be a right d- bag for all I know.

Just because I am giving my views on the subject does not mean I am homophobic myself.I have many friends and at least one family member who are gay.One friend ,in particular is one from my 20s ,which is now over 50years ago. Back then it was not as open and acceptable to be gay as it has been for the last 2 or 3 decades.

Edited by Ontarian1981

It should be illegal to bare all or nearly all in public. This is wha takes place in many of these Gay Pride marches with young kids looking on in disbelief / horror.

I fully support the guy for standing up for what he feels is right.

18 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

It should be illegal to bare all or nearly all in public. This is wha takes place in many of these Gay Pride marches with young kids looking on in disbelief / horror.

Do you feel the same way about Blackpool or Skegness...all these people walking around in shorts, bathing trunks, topless and flaunting their flesh?

Or is is just gay flesh you have a problem with?

6 minutes ago, taxman said:

Do you feel the same way about Blackpool or Skegness...all these people walking around in shorts, bathing trunks, topless and flaunting their flesh?

Or is is just gay flesh you have a problem with?

He says he lives in Perth, Australia. A budgie smugglers paradise.

Edited by Mister Gee

Guest makapaka
28 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Ban swimming baths yeah?

You commented that the guy should enter the 21st century. The reason I got, as you say, personal was to emphasise that older generations are not always as tolerant as the younger set who have grown up with acceptance of homosexuality.Add religion into the mix and you have potential for a showdown when the rock meets the hard place.

I am only doing a hypothetical scenario btw, the driver could be a right d- bag for all I know.

Just because I am giving my views on the subject does not mean I am homophobic myself.I have many friends and at least one family member who are gay.One friend ,in particular is one from my 20s ,which is now over 50years ago. Back then it was not as open and acceptable to be gay as it has been for the last 2 or 3 decades.

I am so angry that people see it acceptable to excuse all manner of bullying on the generation they belong to.

Can we drop the "One of my best friends friend is..." stuff and move on.

We of our generations, bullied people for their weaknesses and differences-no excuse, I was part of that.

I don't want understanding or forgiveness, I was wrong-we were wrong.

I can't go back and change that but I can stand up now.

On the bus, street, pub, forum, politics, whatever, do not accept the bullies or those who create bullies. 

1 hour ago, MAC33 said:

How do you know what takes place at many gay pride events? Been to many have you?

'Young kids looking on in disbelief and horror', like you're concerned with their welfare 🙄. Why would they be looking on in disbelief / horror? Unless they've been brainwashed by morons who think that enjoying yourself is a mortal sin.

I think you need counselling.