Go East Anglia Suspends Homophobic Bus Driver

On the Sheffield Section there is a thread ............ Pharmacist Refuses to Dispense Contraceptive Pills.

The said pharmacist would not dispense a prescription to a customer as it was against her religious beliefs.

She's allowed to do this apparently and keep her job !!

This bus driver refuses to drive the bus and is suspended.      What is the difference ?

Both have been employed to do a job and if they do not do the job, they should be fired.

Religion or any opinions should be kept out of the work place, if for any reason a person cannot carry out all aspects of the job they are getting paid to do ........ they shouldn't be in that job.

36 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

So. You don’t care what people do. As long as you , personally, agree with what they do.

That’s very broad minded  of you.

i dont know what you are on about? i said i dont care what people choose to do but i dont want to hear about it or the culture  constantly and portrayed as if they were similar to the slave trade and have to march and have a day to commemorate???

4 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

i dont know what you are on about? 

Nothing new there then.

if you don’t care what people do, why do you care what people do?

57 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

i have no idea but most religions find homosexuality distasteful and is not part of their beliefs , he was expressing his right not to work, just like some people refuse to serve alcohol????? me i dont care a jot what people want to do apart from  the continuous stream of Pride this Pride that!! fed up of seeing it on many different occasions. get over yourselves

If he doesn't want to drive people of different sexual orientations around then he should've thought of that before becoming a bus driver :loopy:

As for your complaint that there is too much 'Pride this and Pride that'; as long as there are nobs like that ex- bus driver, then Pride marches will be attended by hundreds of thousands all over the country.

And if you don't care, then don't contribute to the thread. Bye.

Edited by Mister M

8 hours ago, Borista336 said:

to be honest i think most people  are fed up with all this "pride" stuff, its ok we get it but can we move on?

Clearly some people don’t get it as this incident has just proved! 🙄

And I’m not sure when the gays made you in charge of whether they have a parade or not!  

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

You certainly come across as one yourself.

As for the post, much to do about nowt, driver out, another driver in and problem solved. Sack him, suspend him who cares. But that would not satisfy the professional snowflake moan about anything moaner would it, they require blood.

Angel1.

Not at all.

i wasn’t the person who brought Muslims into a discussion about a bus driver refusing to drive a bus due to a pride logo.

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

i have no idea but most religions find homosexuality distasteful and is not part of their beliefs , he was expressing his right not to work, just like some people refuse to serve alcohol????? me i dont care a jot what people want to do apart from  the continuous stream of Pride this Pride that!! fed up of seeing it on many different occasions. get over yourselves

I already said he is entitled to express his opinion by refusing to work. I don’t agree with him though.

i still don’t know why you brought Muslims and Jews into it.

Edited by makapaka

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Not at all.

i wasn’t the person who brought Muslims into a discussion about a bus driver refusing to drive a bus due to a pride logo.

I already said he is entitled to express his opinion by refusing to work. I don’t agree with him though.

is it really that difficult to understand??? its an example nothing more, nothing hidden, its a situation like many others where people dont want to do something due to belief.

23 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Not at all.

It wasn't even a logo, just some pretty coloured numbers?

Guest makapaka
24 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

is it really that difficult to understand??? its an example nothing more, nothing hidden, its a situation like many others where people dont want to do something due to belief.

Why Muslims and bacon?

why not  Christian and homophobic? 

Edited by makapaka

16 minutes ago, makapaka said:

Why Muslims and bacon?

why not  Christian and homophobic? 

i guess thats what he was and didnt want to drive it!

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

The bloke’s job is to drive the bus.

If he can’t do that, he needs to get a new job.

He might also like to try entering the 21st century.

There is not enough information in the story.We don't know how long this driver has been employed by this bus company. He may have may years service and an exemplary work record for all we know. He could have simply been repulsed by being seen driving the bus with pride overtures on the side, especially if he was a religious man.

As for entering the 21st century, I was already in my mid 50s at that point in time and seen a few things, how old were you in 2000 AD , I wonder?

It just goes to prove that its not what is on the outside(of the bus) that counts, it's what it is on the inside (driver).