Go East Anglia Suspends Homophobic Bus Driver

In this post-Trump, Post-Brexit world, it’s good to see an employer taking swift action against yet another employee who thinks his deluded views should be imposed on everyone else.

“Norwich bus driver suspended after he 'refused' to drive Pride bus” 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-49343412

7 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

In this post-Trump, Post-Brexit world, it’s good to see an employer taking swift action against yet another employee who thinks his deluded views should be imposed on everyone else.

Ok then, so what if he was a Muslim, whose battle do you fight then?

Everyone is entitled to have principals and refuse to partake in work which he finds offensive to those principals, whether it's the flavour of the month or not.

Edited by Ontarian1981

1 hour ago, Ontarian1981 said:

He'd still be in the wrong, he's an employee employed to drive buses, just because one happens to have rainbow writing doesn't mean a jot.

and I haven't even got started on the meaning of pride and what he said about it

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

He'd still be in the wrong, he's an employee employed to drive buses, just because one happens to have rainbow writing doesn't mean a jot.

and I haven't even got started on the meaning of pride and what he said about it

a lot of fuss about nothing, so what he refused to drive it, find another driver! to be honest i think most people  are fed up with all this "pride" stuff, its ok we get it but can we move on?

i bet if there was an advert for bacon on the bus and a Muslim driver refused to drive it there would be no suspension.

3 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Everyone is entitled to have principals and refuse to partake in work which he finds offensive to those principals, whether it's the flavour of the month or not.

Everyone is entitled to have principles and refuse to take employment that requires them to do something they find offensive to those principles.

10 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The bus driver is a muppet, of course its employers that can impose their view on everyone else, not employees  ;)

I drive a bus, some of our buses have similar signage, I have never seen one of our gay workers saying that they were skint this week because there was a whip round for the bus signs.

Guest makapaka

Disagree with his views.

agree he has a right to refuse.

agree with his employers suspending him as a consequence.

4 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

That’s absolutely fine.

As long as he sticks to those principles and goes to find a job that is consistent with them.

2 hours ago, Borista336 said:

a lot of fuss about nothing, so what he refused to drive it, find another driver! to be honest i think most people  are fed up with all this "pride" stuff, its ok we get it but can we move on?

i bet if there was an advert for bacon on the bus and a Muslim driver refused to drive it there would be no suspension.

They found a driver...eventually, after the passengers sat there for some time

2 hours ago, Borista336 said:

What makes you say that? :confused:

6 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

How do you know that he wasn’t a Muslim? 

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, Mister M said:

What makes you say that? :confused:

Because some people are completely obsessed with muslims.

Very weird.