Guitarist / Musicians Wanted For Modern Blues Collective / Group

Hi, I'm looking for a like-minded guitarist/s (and possibly other musicians too) for regular modern blues based jam / writing sessions.

Looking to share a mutual enthusiasm for guitars, gear (GAS), beer and a modern ambient atmospheric rocky blues sound.  Ideally suited to intermediate to advanced level (you don't have to be 'the next John Mayer', but a good musical ear is of great value).

Ideally you're located in or around Sheffield S13 (Handsworth) area, or not too far away, and have your own gear and transport. Age unimportant, so anywhere between 20's to 50's. I'm a friendly 40 yr old guitarist, with a fair bit of musical experience, but no ego. I'm interested in starting something with the right people, to create some modern blues-based original music, see how it goes. So an ability to improvise and be creative is important. (We can always start off covering versions of our favourite tracks initially to get us rolling.)

If sounds of interest to you, feel free to respond here or PM me directly (probably better).

Thanks for now!

Edited by BluesTube

Hi, this sounds like it might be up my street, but I can't pm yet as my account is new. I'm over the north end of Sheffield too, where would you be looking to meet up?

Hi friend. Sounds good. What sort of music are you into and what sort of experience do you have?

Hi there. Are you still looking? I'd be interested in this. I'm a mid-40s guitarist, been playing since a teenager. Brought up on Cream, Hendrix, indie, jazz fusion etc and into all sorts now! let me know of you're still looking for musicians!

Hi ! 

are you still looking for guys to jam with ? this sounds right up my street , influences include SRV , Jimmy , Mayer , Cream , any bluesy 60s stuff tbh but always open to other genres and learning as much as possible. have been gigging since i was about 15 and still play 80+ function gigs a year but just looking for something abit more creative at the moment. anyway would love to talk more if your still after jamming buddys , cheers , Luke

Bass player here, always up for a jam. Years of gigging in function bands currently playing with a chess records inspired blues group. Love jamming, based in Netheredge have transport good gear etc... get in touch if ya need some low end!