Parkway Accident 13.08.19

I was on the Parkway last night at about 6.15 when I saw the aftermath of what looked like a pretty serious accident between 3 vehicles near the Catcliffe turn off..The vehicle that looked the worst off was Meersbrook Construction Company's van.I just wondered if anyone knows if the driver -and possible passengers-are ok.

Don’t know, but ironically this is where they are proposing the 50mph speed limit up to J33.

tricky bit of road that -  uphill slip road, onto uphill section of NSL dual carriageway.

it's not exactly steep, but it does lead to *some* vehicles doing little more than 40.

56 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Don’t know, but ironically this is where they are proposing the 50mph speed limit up to J33.

That`s not ironic, quite the opposite, though the term appropriate isn`t quite right under the circumstances.....

According to FB "a dog ran out" and the following cars all hit each other because they were driving too close.

5 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

According to FB "a dog ran out" and the following cars all hit each other because they were driving too close.

Not being picky but technically they were driving too fast.

Guest makapaka

The star is reporting a dog ran out and caused the accident.

21 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not being picky but technically they were driving too fast.

No, they were travelling too close for the speed they were travelling at. Given that damage would, most likely, be less at a slower speed, it does not matter what speed you are travelling if you are too close to the vehicle in front there is the potential for an accident

2 hours ago, Phili Buster said:

it does not matter what speed you are travelling if you are too close to the vehicle in front there is the potential for an accident

Not if you are stationary or travelling at less than 5mph, when even at an inch from the vehicle in front, there is very little chance of any damage being done.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not if you are stationary or travelling at less than 5mph, when even at an inch from the vehicle in front, there is very little chance of any damage being done.

Fine.  I will stick your leg in between two vehicles and roll the rear one towards you at 5mph.   

Do speak up when it starts hurting.   

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Fine.  I will stick your leg in between two vehicles and roll the rear one towards you at 5mph.   

Do speak up when it starts hurting.   

The Parkway is a dual carriageway so it’s vey unlikely to have many pedestrians wandering about on it, and even an anorexic smack head would struggle to get their leg into a 1” gap between two cars.

I saw the tailback from this accident and lucky for us we were running late that day.