I Have Said It For A While, Windows Defender Is Great!

Each time anyone asks me "what AV do you use?" I always just Say Windows Defender!

people laugh, and say it's terrible, I disagree.... 

finally though, it's now poven xD

https://www.eteknix.com/windows-defender-rated-as-one-of-the-best-antivirus-programs/?fbclid=IwAR2r2uwOP0UgyFdLQNlEgQBgtEKpv26BGyXxggi48URf-tkv3surz6qpJh4

Edited by Ghozer

Better still, use something that defends you from using 'rcp' or '.exe' files - GNU/Linux! :thumbsup:

Nah, it's ok - Until 100% perfect compatibility with the software I use! (and ZERO interest in Emulating/Wine/VM etc) i'll stick with what works.... :)

Linux can still get virus' too....

3 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Better still, use something that defends you from using 'rcp' or '.exe' files - GNU/Linux! :thumbsup:

You took your time on this one swarf... and demonstrated your lack of knowledge, a little bit more.

Saying that, were you busy trying to get your hardware running on Linux? :thumbsup:

^^ if only there were reactions to posts, the above would get it! :D

I don't use wine for good reason either (

) 

As for viruses, the term is incorrect, malware or rather malicious script is what can affect GNU/Linux - even GNU/Linux community make this mistake. Cup of Linux reported on such "Virus" recently and it was pointed out that the leaky code had been patched before it had been reported on. I read an article some time ago that had studied which OS base had the quickest fix and it was proven that patches were produced more quickly for GNU/Linux than Ms Windows. :wink:

Edited by swarfendor437

You have to remember, that around 100k people are working on GNU/Linux,  to some extent... Windows on the other hand has around 1000 developers, at most!

Then there's how many of those GNU/Linux people have been doing it for decades, vs how many at MS are relatively new in comparison!

ugh... why do these threads always end in another MS vs linux epeen competition. Give it up... linux isnt the greatest still and Yes I have tried it.

Im with you ghozer.

Ever since W10 I have been running windows built in AV with zero issues. It even grabs the  (*ahem*) 'files' I dont want it to!

13 hours ago, stimpy said:

ugh... why do these threads always end in another MS vs linux epeen competition. Give it up... linux isnt the greatest still and Yes I have tried it.

Im with you ghozer.

Ever since W10 I have been running windows built in AV with zero issues. It even grabs the  (*ahem*) 'files' I dont want it to!

The threat I referred to has been patched - the issue with the RDP bugs is that it requires no user intervention to infect and spread.