Jump to content

New Tap Room To Open On Site Of Old Niche

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, jemson said:

 

 

I shall look forward to visiting the new place but I`ll probably wait until there are more different brewery options as LI do tend to produce a lot of sours, which are fashionable  at the moment but not really for me.

Plenty of options available, 21 taps, 10 of which are lost Industry, the other 11 guests. When I was there Friday there were sours, saisons, a grisette, a lager, ipa (both west coast style and neipa), a black ipa, stouts and an imperial stout. Something for everyone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds really good. Is it comfy inside? I trust they`ll have a pool table and sky sport 24/7.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jemson said:

Sounds really good. Is it comfy inside? I trust they`ll have a pool table and sky sport 24/7.....

Tvs showing back to back episodes of Mrs browns boys and love Island 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool . And hopefully Mumford & sons on a loop, nice n loud too near the fruit machines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎23‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 16:39, makapaka said:

What people like DnAuK consistently fail to realise is that other people have also tried different beers and are therefore in a position to comment on how over rated they are when compared to run of the mill stuff. 

I highly doubt you have tried many of the thousands of beers I, and many others on this forum, have, some costing upwards of £20 a pint, so please don't pretend you have. Jemmos post above sums it up exactly. You are on record  stating that you put the venue ahead of the beer. And that's fine if that's what you want. I am pretty sure you could educate us all on which has the best flock wallpaper or standards of hygeine in the toilets.  maybe even the best live music line-up. And no-one would argue with you. Just don't pretend to lecture us on things you know little about. And let's face it... the comment ' I don't doubt some of them taste  quite nice' (post #30) kinda demonstrates this. Don't you think?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DnAuK said:

I highly doubt you have tried many of the thousands of beers I, and many others on this forum, have, some costing upwards of £20 a pint, so please don't pretend you have. Jemmos post above sums it up exactly. You are on record  stating that you put the venue ahead of the beer. And that's fine if that's what you want. I am pretty sure you could educate us all on which has the best flock wallpaper or standards of hygeine in the toilets.  maybe even the best live music line-up. And no-one would argue with you. Just don't pretend to lecture us on things you know little about. And let's face it... the comment ' I don't doubt some of them taste  quite nice' (post #30) kinda demonstrates this. Don't you think?

 

I have never suggested I have drunk all the beers you have - how could I know and the same applies to you. I also wouldn't presume. You also can't lecture people on matters of taste which is subjective.

 

You know nothing as to my knowledge of beers nor whether I like the taste of them or not - you are therefore in no position to lecture me on what is good or bad.

 

I don't know which of Jemmo's post is supposed to sum anything up - is it the comments about pool and sky tv - the fruit machines? The horror eh? Does the absence of those things make your beer taste better - or just make you feel better about yourself?

 

 

Edited by makapaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DnAuK said:

I highly doubt you have tried many of the thousands of beers I, and many others on this forum, have, some costing upwards of £20 a pint, so please don't pretend you have. Jemmos post above sums it up exactly. You are on record  stating that you put the venue ahead of the beer. And that's fine if that's what you want. I am pretty sure you could educate us all on which has the best flock wallpaper or standards of hygeine in the toilets.  maybe even the best live music line-up. And no-one would argue with you. Just don't pretend to lecture us on things you know little about. And let's face it... the comment ' I don't doubt some of them taste  quite nice' (post #30) kinda demonstrates this. Don't you think?

 

I'm sure you could be more condescending, just not sure how.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, makapaka said:

I have never suggested I have drunk all the beers you have - how could I know and the same applies to you. I also wouldn't presume. You also can't lecture people on matters of taste which is subjective.

 

You know nothing as to my knowledge of beers nor whether I like the taste of them or not - you are therefore in no position to lecture me on what is good or bad.

 

I don't know which of Jemmo's post is supposed to sum anything up - is it the comments about pool and sky tv - the fruit machines? The horror eh? Does the absence of those things make your beer taste better - or just make you feel better about yourself?

 

 

does the lack of sky sports make the beer taste better? No. Does it make drinking the beer a more enjoyable experience? Yes. You yourself have said many times you value the 'atmosphere' of a pub above the drink offer, well my personal 'Moon Under Water' offers peace and quiet. People shouting at televised hoofball or jangly fruit machines play no part in that. Not saying no pubs should offer that, just that I'm glad the pubs with good beer don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteelCityAle said:

does the lack of sky sports make the beer taste better? No. Does it make drinking the beer a more enjoyable experience? Yes. You yourself have said many times you value the 'atmosphere' of a pub above the drink offer, well my personal 'Moon Under Water' offers peace and quiet. People shouting at televised hoofball or jangly fruit machines play no part in that. Not saying no pubs should offer that, just that I'm glad the pubs with good beer don't.

It makes it more enjoyable for you which is your choice.

 

It doesn’t make your choice superior to the other though, or leave the other choice open to ridicule as if it’s somehow a lower standard of venue which is what is being inferred.

 

”let’s all titter at the baby palated plebs drinking the beer they choose to drink and watching a sport they like or playing pool. Oh and please don’t pretend they’d understand about the alternative - the beer is £20 a pint you know”

Edited by makapaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.