New Tap Room To Open On Site Of Old Niche

11 minutes ago, makapaka said:

You’ve got to hand it to  folk opening venues like this..... by the means of opening a cafe called anything followed by the word “tap” -sticking in some pumps and a few jazzy pump clips - a few chairs, tables and over priced crisps -  they then manage to  charge a  fair price for some high quality beers for those who don't have a baby palate.

brilliant. 

Fixed that for you ;)

Guest makapaka
1 hour ago, SteelCityAle said:

Fixed that for you ;)

Your palate isn’t special you know.

did I say it was? But if you can't tell world class beers from homebrew then yours is pretty undeveloped...

Guest makapaka
Just now, SteelCityAle said:

did I say it was? But if you can't tell world class beers from homebrew then yours is pretty undeveloped...

World class beers 😀😀

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

World class beers 😀😀

Yes, some of them are great.

Guest makapaka
5 hours ago, taxman said:

I don’t doubt some of them taste nice.

Edited by makapaka

In there now. Between us we've tried all the sours and I've had an IPA. I'm giving the stupidly strong stout a very wide swerve. 

Card only by the way 

1 hour ago, taxman said:

In there now. Between us we've tried all the sours and I've had an IPA. I'm giving the stupidly strong stout a very wide swerve. 

Card only by the way 

Went to the friends & family preview night last, went through about half the board (including the strong stout). Can see this becoming a regular spot. 

On ‎20‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 17:34, taxman said:

What people like Maka consistently fail to realise is that we have had all the beers they have had, and are therefore in a ;position to comment on how much bettter they are than run of the mills stuff. Unfortunately, they aren't in a similar position so cannot appreciate how a beer would be worth 2,3 4 or more times the price. But that's fine. Their loss is our gain. As long as bars that stock them continue to open and thrive, then at least it means there are enough people who do.

18 minutes ago, DnAuK said:

What people like Maka consistently fail to realise is that we have had all the beers they have had, and are therefore in a ;position to comment on how much bettter they are than run of the mills stuff. Unfortunately, they aren't in a similar position so cannot appreciate how a beer would be worth 2,3 4 or more times the price. But that's fine. Their loss is our gain. As long as bars that stock them continue to open and thrive, then at least it means there are enough people who do.

And you know that how? Presume your innate sense of superiority allows you to detect just that.

On 20/09/2019 at 15:21, SteelCityAle said:

You know it's just personal taste right? Purely subjective.

Quite funny, this thread imho.

For me, I`d have to acknowledge that Dave has a highly trained palate due to his experience of tasting many 1000s of different ales and through his brewing experiences. Some of us have tried many different beers and can usually detect the better quality ingredients and have a reasonably  developed palate that will tend to favour certain breweries and styles of ale. For me, I know I enjoy many dark stouts,, ideally aged in wine  or spirit barrels, but also like a hoppy IPA (with my favoured hops) or a saison.  These can be expensive and high ABV so I have to be selective. However, many drinkers just want beer that does not possess a lot of taste or strength and this is usually produced in vast quantities and is usually cheaper. You pay your money and make your choice. It`s all good.

I shall look forward to visiting the new place but I`ll probably wait until there are more different brewery options as LI do tend to produce a lot of sours, which are fashionable  at the moment but not really for me.

Edited by jemson

Guest makapaka
4 hours ago, DnAuK said:

What people like DnAuK consistently fail to realise is that other people have also tried different beers and are therefore in a position to comment on how over rated they are when compared to run of the mill stuff.