New Tap Room To Open On Site Of Old Niche

I've long held that no beer was ever improved by a bourbon barrel... And islay barrels just taste of infection in beer. But some wonderful beers coming out of wine, rum, sherry and whisky barrels. Most of my wine barrels are Bordeaux...

Opens to the public on 21st September 

On 24/08/2019 at 00:57, SteelCityAle said:

I've long held that no beer was ever improved by a bourbon barrel... And islay barrels just taste of infection in beer. But some wonderful beers coming out of wine, rum, sherry and whisky barrels. Most of my wine barrels are Bordeaux...

Why can't beer TASTE LIKE BLOOMIN BEER? 😉

Open for a pre-pre-preview today to coincide with footy. Went to the trade pre-pre-pre-preview last night, it's looking good! Only 7 beers on last night (that all tasted of beer), the line-up for the  proper opening is looking very good though! Good range of cans in fridge and a small but interesting range of spirits.

7 hours ago, SteelCityAle said:

Open for a pre-pre-preview today to coincide with footy. Went to the trade pre-pre-pre-preview last night, it's looking good! Only 7 beers on last night (that all tasted of beer), the line-up for the  proper opening is looking very good though! Good range of cans in fridge and a small but interesting range of spirits.

Unusual strategy. 

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2019 at 20:56, jemson said:

Unusual strategy. 

Unless Jimmy (and/or Nathan) are Sheffield Utd fans. Which possibly explains why they do so much sour beer... :)

We'll be down there sometime on Saturday afternoon. My OH has recently discovered a love for sours but frequently struggles to find many in other pubs. She should be well happy.

2 hours ago, slh73 said:

Taplist is now live on untappd. Looking good so far

Industry Tap on Untappd http://untp.beer/MXwm2

Number two can get in effin sea, but the rest look great.

If you want to touch base I'll be the one in the Panama Suit with the red rose in the lapel.

Glutching a Guardian.

Went to the trade launch last night, really impressed. Taplist superb as mentioned (5 draft sours :)), good can selection in the fridge, place looks really cool, really comfy sofa (note, that's my spot, so the rest of you aren't allowed to use it ;)). There's a small outdoor seating area, though no use to me as it's in direct sunlight... 

Edited by SteelCityAle

Guest makapaka

You’ve got to hand it to  folk opening venues like this..... by the means of opening a cafe called anything followed by the word “tap” -sticking in some pumps and a few jazzy pump clips - a few chairs, tables and over priced crisps -  they then manage to  rinse people of good money for what is effectively home brew previously produced by students and blokes in garden sheds.

brilliant.