New Tap Room To Open On Site Of Old Niche

Oh yes. Good location too, not too far from Rutty.

I`m not sure about their beers, had some great and some terrible, but their prices make me not mind a punt. Grafters.

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 17:07, taxman said:

Excellent news. The fantastic Lost Industry brewery are opening a new tap room.

They brew some cracking beers and I love their sours.

Jimmy is a great guy who has produced some of the best sour beers I've seen produced in this country, but seems to have painted himself into a bit of a corner with them, almost like being typecast in a role. Hopefully the bar (with 21 lines apparently) will help him prove he's not just a one trick pony. Tho, like Jemmo says, some of his non-sour beers have been a little questionable.

People still brew non-sour beers? Why?? ;)

A lot of what LI do is experimental and/or crazy, so nobody's gonna like em all...

From what I gather the taproom will have more than just LI anyway - think they know that to compete on the Sheffield scene means not so much keeping up with the Joneses as keeping up with the Rutty/Crow/Shakey...

2 minutes ago, SteelCityAle said:

A lot of what LI do is experimental and/or crazy, so nobody's gonna like em all...

From what I gather the taproom will have more than just LI anyway - think they know that to compete on the Sheffield scene means not so much keeping up with the Joneses as keeping up with the Rutty/Crow/Shakey...

and the Fat Cat.

1 hour ago, jemson said:

and the Fat Cat.

LOL

1 hour ago, SteelCityAle said:

So says the voice of experience... :)

Most of my favourite beers are <removed> crazy... But so are some of my least favourite! Goes with the territory. Make a beer with shedloads of tonka and vanilla and I'm all over it. Make it with ginger or cucumber and it can get in the sea...

Edited by nikki-red

Guest makapaka
16 hours ago, SteelCityAle said:

Most of my favourite beers are <removed> crazy... But so are some of my least favourite! Goes with the territory. Make a beer with shedloads of tonka and vanilla and I'm all over it. Make it with ginger or cucumber and it can get in the sea...

I’d prefer a pint of stones creamflow - bootiful.

Edited by makapaka

To each, his own... I suspect this taproom won't have such a thing, though I imagine they may have a generic brown beer

2 hours ago, SteelCityAle said:

To each, his own... I suspect this taproom won't have such a thing, though I imagine they may have a generic brown beer

Generic beer for generic people

Guest makapaka
42 minutes ago, belperite said:

Generic beer for generic people

Drinking Tonka beer doesn’t make you cool and interesting you know. 

I know that might hurt but it’s true.

On ‎22‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 18:31, SteelCityAle said:

Most of my favourite beers are <removed> crazy... But so are some of my least favourite! Goes with the territory. Make a beer with shedloads of tonka and vanilla and I'm all over it. Make it with ginger or cucumber and it can get in the sea...

Still hate smoked beers tho!??!

For me, agree with ginger generally but bourbon barrel-aged is not for me and seems to be everywhere at the mo. Don`t mind proper whisky barrels tho and love red wine barrel aging, but not merlot.