Text \ Tweet At A Efl Match - Beware!

Well a good response for City supporters is for EVERYONE to get their phones out and pretend to be tweeting/texting during the next home game.

That should cause some upset for the people trying to stop it.

Also now that this has become public, I’m not sure that I would want to be the undercover snoop who next threatens a fan with ejection from the ground.

A brave new world ( order) no doubt.

Was listening to the radio yesterday and there was an article about how in the future all new builds will be compulsory built to take advantage of smart technology?

For 15 minutes they went through a list of different applications where this wifi technology can be used for.

I was shocked to the core listening to all the applications.

One of them was a sensor in the toilet bowl that can detect abnormal bacteria etc in your .... and then sends an email to you so you can go for a checkup.

You may think this sort of thing is highly unlikely but in the future it will be standard in our homes!

18 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

You may think this sort of thing is highly unlikely but in the future it will be standard in our homes!

Only if you want it to be. 

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yea, all that tech isn't very much good if you don't connect it to the wifi.

6 hours ago, MAC33 said:

A brave new world ( order) no doubt.

Was listening to the radio yesterday and there was an article about how in the future all new builds will be compulsory built to take advantage of smart technology?

For 15 minutes they went through a list of different applications where this wifi technology can be used for.

I was shocked to the core listening to all the applications.

One of them was a sensor in the toilet bowl that can detect abnormal bacteria etc in your .... and then sends an email to you so you can go for a checkup.

Will we have to connect to the toilet sensor via  We-fi?!😅

5 hours ago, pintor said:

Will we have to connect to the toilet sensor via  We-fi?!😅

I often post from the toilet. I await eagerly for the replies on this one, from certain quarters  :lol: 

18 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

While this is true to a certain extent, I think it will become increasingly difficult to opt out.  I think as more and more applications e.g. fridges and aircons are fitted with wifi/internet of things capabilities they will not function without the necessary software updates and permissions i.e. they will need to be connected constantly.

Added to that, parts of the world (especially China in the news recently) are seriously investing in their CCTV tech and having online 'social capital' scores. I can foresee how not connecting your devices (and therefore you) could increase/void your health insurance etc.

So for now we have the ability to not take it up, then we will have the ability to opt out, but ultimately I can see it being an invasive (and useful) technology that we don't ultimately choose.

I've also been watching Black Mirror recently, so perhaps thats why I sound more paranoidy than normal!

On ‎12‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 12:14, MAC33 said:

………...…......One of them was a sensor in the toilet bowl that can detect abnormal bacteria etc in your .... and then sends an email to you so you can go for a checkup…………...

Can't wait. Looking forward to visiting that relative I hate and dropping a 'dog egg' I collected on the way there down their loo. "Any interesting emails lately cuz!!?"

I'm all for increases in security to protect stadium goers but from the last section of the article linked in the OP, it appears this action is to prevent match goers having an advantage on online betting??! What?!! Could someone please explain this?

I’ve been texting and posting online from Hillsborough this season, without any problem

Mind you, there is a chance that all the stewards are asleep and are unable to challenge me.

If anyone wants inside info on Morgan Fox’s likelihood to score, just pm me your number😇

On 12/08/2019 at 12:14, MAC33 said:

Probably better than having a message put on the electronic scoreboard...