Humming noise in Hackenthorpe 11/08/2019

Anyone hear the humming noise in the Hackenthorpe area ? Been sending me mad since about &.30 this morning Sunday 11th August 2019..................

Same here and am in wincobank been going all night

20 minutes ago, deeno said:

Same here and am in wincobank been going all night

Theres been a rave somewhere. We could hear it in Shiregreen but only really faintly, not loud enough to disturb us.

Im not sure it would be the same thing the OP heard tho, its quite a way to Hackenthorpe!

Edited by nikki-red

It was really loud at one point depending on the wind but seemed to be coming from the attercliffe area

2 minutes ago, deeno said:

It was really loud at one point depending on the wind but seemed to be coming from the attercliffe area

Theyre quite often held somewhere in the Bernard Road area, so that would make sense.

I hear this in Handsworth, sometimes it is so loud it wakes me up and prevents me from sleeping.  I have a theory that it is the buzzing from steel manufacturing when the electrodes pulse into the  metal to melt it.  The noise seems to emanate from the direction of  the Outokumpu  site  near Tinsley, it is driving me crazy.